• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raleigh/Durham Restaurants?

boo7382

In Raleigh....well, Durham for training all week. New job haaaaay

Any suggestions on bars and restaurants to go to while I'm here? Breweries other than Red Oak? Themed restaurants?

Went to an Italian place called Serena's I think for lunch today. Was pretty good!

Would love any other suggestions for anything delicious....Thai and Mexican are my big time favorites

Red Oak is around 45 minutes from Durham...more breweries actually in the Triangle like Aviator in Fuquay, too.

Thai, no experience there. I've had a friend eat a Thai Cafe before, but know nothing about it other than it's Yelp page.  Mexican, Nana Taco in Durham is pretty good (actually serves lengua and actual Mexican things). Also has a nicer upscale place beside it called Nana's that's more everything. Cosmic Cantina is good.

Go to Downtown Durham (in a group...it's better now, but still can be sketchy) and the American Tobacco campus has plenty of good places to eat. The Durham Bulls Athletic Park (DBAP) is right there, and things like Tyler's Taproom, Cuban Revolution, and Tobacco Road are there. Tobacco Road is a more upscale type sports bar, connected to the baseball field. Literally, home runs have come onto the patio over the left field fence. For BBQ if you want, Ed Mitchell's new place Que is open now in the same area. The Pit is also in Raleigh (his old place) and is great. Couple holes in the wall around too like Bullock's in Durham which is good. Bull City Burger and Brewery has a great burger in Durham. If you eat Sushi, go to Shiki in Durham near Southpoint. BYGO rolls and most I've had were fantastic.

Want to spend some money, Second Empire, Angus Barn, and many others in Raleigh. May be cliche, but just get on Yelp or Urbanspoon. Durham and Raleigh both have turned into foodie cities/been featured in magazines with the rise of restaurants and chefs like Ashley Christensen coming in. 

PhillyB's post made me think too...if you're in Raleigh, just get a cab to take you to Fayetteville St./somewhere downtown and there's a good 10-15 places within a block or two that are great for food or drinks. Busy Bee, Raleigh Times. Beasley's, and a lot of highly reviewed ethnic cuisines and more upscale places if you want to splurge one night. 

drive an hour and a half due west on I40 and goto Ziggys in Winston Salem

http://ziggyrock.net/

I use to go to their old location on Deacon Blvd when I was younger.  Use to bounce around between Ziggy's, Baity's Backstreet Music Garden and the Brass Bucket.  Saw David Allen Coe at Ziggy's, Foghat at Baity's, and my friend greg sang at the Brass bucket.  I think that was all in the same month, although the memory is hazy for a number of reasons.  :)

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll see what the team is down for tomorrow.

I know Red Oak isn't here...I only mentioned it BC I went to Elon and passed it on my way. Brings back memories!

Looks like they are really doing well now. They built it while I was in school.

What does it say about your city when I'm more worried about the law than I am the citizens? Durham quickly established itself as another one of those cities where the cops like to shoot first and ask questions later a few years back and the Police Chief is a real piece of work.

The Assistant Chief of Police is suing the Chief of Police and the City for alleged civil rights violations. Nice.

What does it say about your city when I'm more worried about the law than I am the citizens? Durham quickly established itself as another one of those cities where the cops like to shoot first and ask questions later a few years back and the Police Chief is a real piece of work.

The Assistant Chief of Police is suing the Chief of Police and the City for alleged civil rights violations. Nice.

Been watching Last Week Tonight lately? Don't roll around with large amounts of cash

Archived