• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really? Fire rivera?

MichaelNewtonII

So I guess we play to tie? fug that, you play to win every game. Cam and offense was gashing that defense. Rivera went back to his old ways. Stupid decision. I wouldn't have cared if we didn't get it becasue it was the right decision to go for it. You knew you weren't going to get the ball back, you knew our defense was struggling, etc.

Lucky for you, you would have kept your job while Rivera could and probably would lose his....

lol there was a 0% chance cam wouldn't have gotten a yard

yeah you say that now when we didnt go for it but if we went for it and we didn't get that yard you'd be even more pissed with that than a tie. Also no telling if we'd have fumbled, thrown a pick, after a 1yd conversion anyways, take the tie be happy

If Rivera should be fired for anything it should be for this swiss cheese defense.... how do we go from top 3 last year to bottom of the barrel.

It's not Rivera's swiss cheese defense. It's Gettleman's swiss cheese defense.

You're a defensive coordinator impersonating a head coach and your DEFENSE is trash. That's why he should be fired.

The guy he chose not to hire, just lit his ass up. That's why he should be fired.

The fact that he knows 0 about offense and is riding Cam's back. That's why he should be fired.

And if you want to blame the players he has then Gettleman can follow his ass out too.

We are a good team in spite of Ron Rivera. If his defense ain't elite then what fuging value does he offer this team??

This was very similar to the Atlanta game a couple of years ago.  We needed a yard to win and RR punted.  Atlanta then drove all the way down the field to win on the final play.  The only difference is that this time the other teams kicker choked which somewhat gave RR's gutless decision making some cover.  Why do I, and many of you, remember things like that but RR seems to so easily forget? 

Why are you guys so damn mad over a tie game? What would you be saying if rivera called for a qb sneak up the middle like the huddle wanted, and we didn't convert? I'm sure you guys would not be saying "oh we lost but at least we tried to convert" no you'd be saying "Fire Rivera!" Still. You just can't win on the huddle ron... 3-2-1 looks better than 3-3 to me, good job rivera, I'd rather have tied than lose unlike these guys.

Rivera coaches scared.

Period.

His philosophy isn't attack-attack-attack, its ball up into the fetal position and hope for the best.  Maybe they won't hurt me if I roll up into a little ball!

You're a defensive coordinator impersonating a head coach and your DEFENSE is trash. That's why he should be fired.

The guy he chose not to hire, just lit his ass up. That's why he should be fired.

The fact that he knows 0 about offense and is riding Cam's back. That's why he should be fired.

And if you want to blame the players he has then Gettleman can follow his ass out too.

We are a good team in spite of Ron Rivera. If his defense ain't elite then what fuging value does he offer this team??

Yup and no one is mentioning the fact that they didn't have AJ Green...just LOL at what would have happened if Green was in.

I didn't agree with the decision at the time, but it worked out. It only worked out though because a kicker who rarely misses missed an easy one.

I certainly wouldn't say fire him though, even if we didn't win. Hard to say we should fire a guy who won coach of the year last year, and is in first place in the division this year (even if the division is not very good).

That was Nugent's 6th miss this season according to the radio broadcast.

Archived