• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettledog's plan

unicar15

I'll just say this, if Cam leaves and we don't have any potential replacement in sight...... Things will get bad. Cam is a gift and athlete like none ever seen before and he just so happens to play for our team. Letting him walk would cause a lot of fans to give up on the team. It would be similar to all the hornet fans who abandoned the NBA after the original hornets moved, even when the Bobcats showed up. Call it unfaithful, call it whatever you want, but I sure as hell would understand it.

If we continue to lose and miss the playoffs then IMO DG does several things:

1. Shula is gone. He'll bring in a different coordinator to see if Cam is able to succeed in a different system that he decides will benefit Cam and test him at the same time. If cam flourishes as would be the hope...Cam stays and gets a big deal.

2. He'll draft a QB early in case Cam bolts (assuming no new contract before the draft...which is the expectation). This will also put pressure on Cam to step up and be a winner as well as allow whoever he drafts to learn from the new OC who will have an offense DG approves of.

3. Draft weapons and bring in talented OL for Cam. This roster sucks. Outside of a talented TE, WR and center the offense is garbage.

Bottom line is that he's going to give Cam every chance to earn that cash but at the end of the day it's going to fall on Cam bc the guys holding him back (Shula, sucky OL) will be gone long before any contract talk is made.

I agree with everything except drafting the young qb to put pressure on. The veteran backup has been very valuable for us and we need depth badly at key positions.

He was not making moves for 2014. Trying to make quick fixes and panicking is what got us in this cap hell that is fugging us in the butt.

I am going to wait a few years before I have a definitive opinion on Gettleman

I think the biggest reason we didn't bring in a tackle or pay a WR is the future. Gettleman wanted no strings attached at our weakest positions. 

The Bucs fans are cursing the Anthony Collins signing. They have him for 4 more seasons.

Ehhhhhh if we drop Cam I might just skip watching the panthers... that's pretty idiotic to lose the most potential on the team. You guys should really think about things throughly after a loss and posting off fumes........ Who's going to be drafted and be better? Can you even name a college QB that has the potential to even come close to what Cam has done?

If we continue to lose and miss the playoffs then IMO DG does several things:

1. Shula is gone. He'll bring in a different coordinator to see if Cam is able to succeed in a different system that he decides will benefit Cam and test him at the same time. If cam flourishes as would be the hope...Cam stays and gets a big deal.

2. He'll draft a QB early in case Cam bolts (assuming no new contract before the draft...which is the expectation). This will also put pressure on Cam to step up and be a winner as well as allow whoever he drafts to learn from the new OC who will have an offense DG approves of.

3. Draft weapons and bring in talented OL for Cam. This roster sucks. Outside of a talented TE, WR and center the offense is garbage.

Bottom line is that he's going to give Cam every chance to earn that cash but at the end of the day it's going to fall on Cam bc the guys holding him back (Shula, sucky OL) will be gone long before any contract talk is made.

only thing that scares me about gettleman is the fact he will just cut a player , no ones really safe besides luke 

I think the biggest reason we didn't bring in a tackle or pay a WR is the future. Gettleman wanted no strings attached at our weakest positions. 

The Bucs fans are cursing the Anthony Collins signing. They have him for 4 more seasons.

gettleman even said he was planning for the future and building through the draft 3 years we will be dominate for years !! just picture 3  new first round studs 

Archived