• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the most tempting thing you have ever resisted?

cardiackat88.

Can you think of a point in your life where there was something you could do that was extremely against your moral character, would offer you a great advantage, and you could totally get away with it?

I, for one, can.

This was back in my cable-guy days.

I was dispatched to the literal definition of "The weird old cat lady's house".

Not only did the house have over fifteen felines, but it was also extremely cluttered with obvious hoarder junk. There was books, and shelves, and Christmas items in July. The floor had things stacked over three feet high in almost every spot. To top it off, the junk looked like the house had been ransacked.

To give a backstory, I was completely broke and having a hard time feeding my family. (You may remember my welfare rant about another customer in the Tinderbox) I knew that night I would be going home to stale Spaghetti noodles and severely freezer burnt chicken tenders.

So, I was searching through the house for some of her outlets. As I was doing this, she continued to talk about several things that did not make any sense. One of them was her cat convention that she was going to in a few hours. I am not making this up, she literally was going to dress her cats in rain gear and have a fashion show. She also continued to repeat herself.

So at this point, the lady's head is not on straight, her house is absolutely junked, and she seems very forgetful and unorganized, I am also very badly hurting for money.

As she leaves the room, I hear her go to her bedroom and throw some things around, proclaimed she had lost a few things.

I was headed out the door back to my work truck, when I noticed about fifteen to twenty $100 dollar bills sitting very loosely on a table.

It was one of the most painful and difficult decisions I have ever had to make, but I did not take a dime. Regardless of the fact that she could have never proved it, would have tore her house apart to look for it, and it would have very severely helped me out.

Whats your story?

Next time, I will tell the tale of how I almost gave a mercy kill while working as a cable guy.

Two months ago at a party this beautiful blonde started hitting on me. I knew her from a few classes I had been attending at college but I barely knew her name. Turns out she was zoned out on Molly and lean and had no fuging clue what was going on. I could've banged what would have been my best looking chick, but unfortunately my morals got the best of me.

I must be honest too, I regret my decision.

Can you think of a point in your life where there was something you could do that was extremely against your moral character, would offer you a great advantage, and you could totally get away with it?

I, for one, can.

This was back in my cable-guy days.

I was dispatched to the literal definition of "The weird old cat lady's house".

Not only did the house have over fifteen felines, but it was also extremely cluttered with obvious hoarder junk. There was books, and shelves, and Christmas items in July. The floor had things stacked over three feet high in almost every spot. To top it off, the junk looked like the house had been ransacked.

To give a backstory, I was completely broke and having a hard time feeding my family. (You may remember my welfare rant about another customer in the Tinderbox) I knew that night I would be going home to stale Spaghetti noodles and severely freezer burnt chicken tenders.

So, I was searching through the house for some of her outlets. As I was doing this, she continued to talk about several things that did not make any sense. One of them was her cat convention that she was going to in a few hours. I am not making this up, she literally was going to dress her cats in rain gear and have a fashion show. She also continued to repeat herself.

So at this point, the lady's head is not on straight, her house is absolutely junked, and she seems very forgetful and unorganized, I am also very badly hurting for money.

As she leaves the room, I hear her go to her bedroom and throw some things around, proclaimed she had lost a few things.

I was headed out the door back to my work truck, when I noticed about fifteen to twenty $100 dollar bills sitting very loosely on a table.

It was one of the most painful and difficult decisions I have ever had to make, but I did not take a dime. Regardless of the fact that she could have never proved it, would have tore her house apart to look for it, and it would have very severely helped me out.

Whats your story?

Next time, I will tell the tale of how I almost gave a mercy kill while working as a cable guy.

Kudos to you for not taking the money.  However, if not stealing money from someone was the most painful and difficult decision you have made, then you really need to evaluate your ethics and morals.  It should have not even been a consideration to you.

Women.  Not even a close second.

Money is easy for me to overlook, fame/recognition.....whatever, but boy did I struggle with saying no/being a good guy when I was young.

Meeting my wife now, and fiance/gf back then has helped a ton, and now I will look (more than I should) but never touch.

Living in this town makes it tough though, tons of beautiful women, and not many successful single dudes.  Women be shopin.

then you really need to evaluate your ethics and morals. It should have not even been a consideration to you.

I fully understand your point.

Under normal circumstances I would have never considered it.

I added the the details about how I was broke, had hungry kids, and how easy it would have been to take to back up why it was so tempting and so hard not to want to do something so strongly against my morals and beliefs.

I fully understand your point.

Under normal circumstances I would have never considered it.

I added the the details about how I was broke, had hungry kids, and how easy it would have been to take to back up why it was so tempting and so hard not to want to do something so strongly against my morals and beliefs.

I just saw those comments about struggling to feed your family (did not see them earlier) and I absolutely know those situations would make an honest man do questionable things.

I could not imagine the moral dilemna that you were feeling.....and you still made the moral decision.

Again....KUDOS to you.

I just saw those comments about struggling to feed your family (did not see them earlier) and I absolutely know those situations would make an honest man do questionable things.

I could not imagine the moral dilemna that you were feeling.....and you still made the moral decision.

Again....KUDOS to you.

Thanks Hatter, it means a lot coming from you.

Archived