• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Cam Newton the next Jay Cutler?

PntherPryd

There's no comparison, cam has thrown 5 interceptions all year and generally takes care of the ball, on the flip side, in the time it took for me to write this, Jay Cutler threw 3 interceptions.

Andrew Luck should lead the NFL in INTs. Media doesn't talk about it but he throws more "should of been" INTs than any other QB in the NFL. How the defenders always drop the several different balls blows my mind.

Outcome of poor throws shouldn't be the only thing talked about.....but since defenders drop all the gifts Luck throws he is praised

The reality is that all the "dual threat" guys (meaning QB's who run a zone read type system regardless of their skill-set) and have had success have been the beneficiaries of either great defenses (Kap, Wilson, Newton last season) or innovative offensive systems (Foles last season, Newton year 1, RG III year 1).

None of them have showed real staying power as far as having consistent success from the pocket.

The reality is that all the "dual threat" guys (meaning QB's who run a zone read type system regardless of their skill-set) and have had success have been the beneficiaries of either great defenses (Kap, Wilson, Newton last season) or innovative offensive systems (Foles last season, Newton year 1, RG III year 1).

None of them have showed real staying power as far as having consistent success from the pocket.

No one on your list has been in the league longer than 4 seasons.  They haven't even been in the league long enough to know whether they have staying power.

Is this another one of your tongue in cheek posts or just your usual shitposting?

No one on your list has been in the league longer than 4 seasons.  They haven't even been in the league long enough to know whether they have staying power.

Is this another one of your tongue in cheek posts or just your usual shitposting?

My posts are almost always statistically based. The posts of the 'huggers almost never are...except to rehash the glory days of Cam's first 4 games in the league 3 and 1/2 years ago.

My point was that none of these guys has been in the league long enough to prove whether they are "for real" or not, as far as being legitimate franchise QB's.

Were do they sit today???

Kap is 14th in passer rating

Wilson is 16th in passer rating

Foles is 26th in passer rating

Newton is 27th in passer rating

BOB III gets an incomplete

All are trending down...I am sure all have excuses, but all are trending down.

Of all the "Young Guns"...who is the only one NOT trending down???

So these three games cancels all he's done?

No he still has a chance to turn things around but if his head is out of the game then basically it will be almost the same as the Vince Young situation that occurred years ago.

Yes people tend to exaggerate what's going on and a lot can happen to determine Cams legacy. Worse case scenario for Cam would be another Vince Young, a big athletic QB that did good in college and won a national championship, won rookie of the year and made some great plays early in his career.

My posts are almost always statistically based. The posts of the 'huggers almost never are...except to rehash the glory days of Cam's first 4 games in the league 3 and 1/2 years ago.

My point was that none of these guys has been in the league long enough to prove whether they are "for real" or not, as far as being legitimate franchise QB's.

Were do they sit today???

Kap is 14th in passer rating

Wilson is 16th in passer rating

Foles is 26th in passer rating

Newton is 27th in passer rating

BOB III gets an incomplete

All are trending down...I am sure all have excuses, but all are trending down.

Of all the "Young Guns"...who is the only one NOT trending down???

You can't just look at stats in a vacuum. You actually have to watch football and study past QBs.

You have to understand different offensive philosophies and coaching philosophies and how the can skew certain statistics.

You have to study the past of the QBS you are critiquing to understand where they are in their development, where they should be, and where they have been, and how that shapes where they will be.

There are plenty of stats and information that shows Cam is on the right track. I have posted them before. Same goes for some of the other guys you listed.

It is a developmental process, trying to micro analyze everything week to week is a fruitless endeavor. QB development is a long process that takes 6/7/8 years to play out. In between are fits and starts, and inconsistencies.

Contrary to your assertion, almost all of my beliefs about Cam Newton are fact based, and not the result of Panther or Cam Newton blind fandom

Andrew Luck should lead the NFL in INTs. Media doesn't talk about it but he throws more "should of been" INTs than any other QB in the NFL. How the defenders always drop the several different balls blows my mind.

Outcome of poor throws shouldn't be the only thing talked about.....but since defenders drop all the gifts Luck throws he is praised

Honestly thats what happens when you play the Jags and Titans twice a year.

Let's not play that game. We were lucky the Hawks game wasnt over in the first quarter either, one of the first plays "should of been" a pick 6, he threw it right to one of their db's. You can go back to every game and say a pass here or there "should have been" intercepted. Throw a couple more from last game and Cam "should have" about 8-12 interceptions.

Love all the Luck hate. I don't like the guy for the same reasons most on here don't like him, but the dude is a bad ass QB. Forget stats, he is a gamer.

He's good and bad at the same time.

He'll look like a star one play and the the next he'll leave you saying "what the fug? "

Archived