• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers officials insist Cam Newton's MNF problems totally mental

Darth Biscuit

G-Man already stated that Cam is future.

In addition, firing our brand new GM isn't something a smart franchise does. We're not The Jags. Get over your Gettleman hate.

What makes us "not the Jags"? I know Panthers' fans like to feel like they're above the Raiders, the Browns, and the Jags, but we've been to one playoff game since 2009. That's not the picture of resounding success.

I agree with you 100%.

Cam's Shulafication is almost complete.

And its a damn shame.

Won't lie.  I'm big time worried.

Watching him lately it's pretty clear a load of damage has already been done.  I want to say it's repairable still, but I fear we're flirting with the line where it becomes not so.

It's quite possible the next staff will have to literally rebuild him from the ground up.  And who's to say that the next head coach wouldn't decide it'd be better to start with someone fresh rather than try to fix someone who's broken?

I don't want to see the highest picked QB in the history of this team ruined and wasted.

I fear I'm watching it happen.

Agreed. Gettleman shares his portion of the blame too. He gambled a lot this off season but his hands were tied thanks to our cap issues and other teams offering guys like Munnerlyn and Mitchell ridiculous contracts.

He never should have agreed to collaborate with Rivera on setting the roster.

That mistake, more than any other, has doomed our hopes this season.

In one breath you admit "he does not have support around him", yet in another question why he can't "raise the players around him".

You literally make no sense, and also lose credibility when the only thing you can come up with is "well, those darn Cam apologists...."

Newton obviously needs to play better, but at this point, all of our players look to simply be going through the motions. You question where Newton's leadership is, but what about our other players? It is a team sport, and at this point it looks like the coaches have lost the players.

You made a lot of valid points.

I think leadership is overstated at times with Cam. He comes in early and he is known to stay late and work on his off days. He rallies the team and says the right things to the media. I have heard snippets of his game day speeches to the players. His game time rally speech could use a little work but when you look at anyone's body of work you will find something. It is knit picking because we are losing.

These are grown ass men making millions of dollars. They don't have to be hand held. They are supposed to be professionals that have been given the privilege to play in the league. Anyone blaming Cam is not holding the other 52 players accountable. . Pull the pacifier out and quit being dependent on another grown man to do your job

We're not the picture of resounding failure and dysfunctionality either. We had a very good run 2003 through 2009. Injuries, of course, crippled us but we were quite competitive. Present day, we've got a team filled with holes and subpar coaching overachieving.

The problem is, in this decade, we've been nothing more than sub-500 except for a freak season.

There is nothing that separates us from the bottom of the barrel teams. Especially now that Rivera and Shula are throwing their start QB under the bus.

Cam Newton

Luke Kuechly

Kelvin Benjamin

Thomas Davis

Greg Olsen

Bene Benwikere

Mike Tolbert

Jonathan Stewart

Kawann Short

Star Lotululei

Josh Norman

I disagree. We have great talent. What's been holding us back is coaching and previous regime issues. Two years from now, we could be the new 49ers. After all, they were in our very shoes 6-7 years ago when a former Bear legend was coaching them.

We hear all the time about how great the "core" is. It has turned out nothing yet. Maybe it is coaching. Maybe the pieces, besides one or two, aren't as good as everyone like to think they are.

Also, LOL at you including Josh Norman.

Weren't you just basically shouting troll? Pot meet kettle.

Well they've also been in the league like a combined 25 years, so there's that, and let's not act like Rodgers and Manning are playing with scrubs out there. Rodgers and Manning didn't have their entire WR corps gutted, nor are they depending on a rookie WR to carry that unit.

Both of those quarterbacks have a very talented WR group, and one key factor, speed. Which we basically have none of.

If you want to have a rational conversation about this, I am in. I have not been thrilled with what I have seen from Cam. I know he's better than that. But I'm not going to go on a tangent calling him out, nor am I for any other individual players either. Our entire team needs to improve.

Wow very impressive post.

It is sad but sometimes when things get bad rational thought out posting disappears around here.

Sadly, I have lost faith in this team.  It all starts with Richardson.  This has been a loser of a franchise since the beginning.  No back to back wins?   If we get a new staff, we'll most likely just get another conservative coach (probably a cheap one) and everything will repeat.  We'll have a good year every 3-4 and then we'll be mediocre/bad the next three.   The league has completely changed and playing conservative isn't going to work.  We need an actual offensive coach and someone with some guts.   Richardson won't do this.  Why?  He seems to be hard headed.  Plus, with the way the stadium was built, how everyone has PSLs and how half the staidum is the other teams' fans every game, he doesn't NEED to field a good product at all to make tons of money.  

Cam Newton

Luke Kuechly

Kelvin Benjamin

Thomas Davis

Greg Olsen

Bene Benwikere

Mike Tolbert

Jonathan Stewart

Kawann Short

Star Lotululei

Josh Norman

I disagree. We have great talent. What's been holding us back is coaching and previous regime issues. Two years from now, we could be the new 49ers. After all, they were in our very shoes 6-7 years ago when a former Bear legend was coaching them.

That "core" isn't actually all that great or is taking into account some POTENTIALLY good players that aren't there yet. Even Raiders or Jaguars fans could make a supposedly great core list like this.

Archived