• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"To win the game"

Jeremy Igo

Steve Smith has not had any problems calling Gettleman out. If Rivera had something to do with it, why hasn't Smith said anything?

I think it was a Gettleman decision, not a Rivera decision. Doesn't make any sense, Rivera making a decision like that but can't seem to make any other decisions.

Your post sounded like you were questioning Gettleman, not Rivera.

The Observer writes:

...Rivera said the strategy was to force Atlanta to try to come back without timeouts.

“We forced them to use timeouts,” Rivera said. “If we get the first down, great, if we don’t we kick the field goal and kick off, and they have to go with no timeouts.... 

There is nothing to add. SMH! Speechless!

The thing is you can still do that and give yourself a chance for a first down.

You don't have to go tight and run it up the middle

This team is done with this staff. I was at the game and watched Olsen after the third run just start screaming at the panthers sideline.

Players were pissed.

If true, that was pent up frustration over FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD DOWN, because the coaches didn't even allow the offense to try to score a TD or take one shot at the endzone from inside the 40.

It's the coaching philosophy, not one 3rd down play.

The thing is you can still do that and give yourself a chance for a first down.

You don't have to go tight and run it up the middle

Exactly. Even my six year old daughter knows that. Must be new to Ron and Shula though. They didn't even consider a serious try for a first down and are stupid enough to admit it in the presser. Unbelievable.

I'm not defending his words, but did you guys expect him to say anything different? 

Yes, I do.

I want to hear him say:   I fuged up.   I took energy away from my team and I called a 'play not lose' series of plays.

I cost my team and I'm sorry.  I"m sorry for them and I"m sorry for the fans and I will learn from it and do better.

You know the same poo they want Cam to say every week.  His QB who constantly takes the hits for his Shula's and Gettleman's common dumbness.

It might even earn him some respect in that locker room...this everybody but 'me' bullshit is getting very old.

Here's a note to Ron, think about what the Patriots coach or the Green Bay coach or the Indy coach or the Arizona coach would have done and try to emulate them.  Even if you are not great, pretend you are.    It's fairly clear you ware not a big thinker out there.  Let me be clear, you are a 3-6-1 coach, what exactly did you have to lose by going for it?  What happened to the 'agressive' coach you promised to be?

This is sad times Panthers' fans.  There is not enough talent on this team this year to save this coach from himself.

I'm getting to old for yet another lost season.

The Observer writes:

...Rivera said the strategy was to force Atlanta to try to come back without timeouts.

“We forced them to use timeouts,” Rivera said. “If we get the first down, great, if we don’t we kick the field goal and kick off, and they have to go with no timeouts....

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/11/16/5320214/panthers-fall-to-falcons-19-17.html#storylink=cpy

Because this has never burnt him before... Smh. Atlanta would've only needed a FG too, there's was roughly what 1:15 left? That's lot of time to get into FG range.

Please fire this moron.

And again, I don't think he's just saying this stuff. i think he genuinely believes it.

He does. Ron per his own words isn't Riverboat. Outside of his 4th down calls now....Ron is text book safe. Always has been. Textbook safe call was to run and try deep FG. Smart play was to use the 2 minutes and ask your FG to attempt a very high percentage kick and take all time off the clock

The Observer writes:

LOL so clueless man....

He's so nonchalant about trying to get the first down.

Archived