• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some visual proof of how incompetent Carolina's coaching staff truly is.

@bobbyagnese

I know this...but the post is about percentage of missed tackles per carry, it's easier to skew the numbers on fewer carries, the threshold for consideration is 100 attempts, Stewart's carries are 102.

it's not easy to skew.

bishop sankley has the second least amount of touches on the chart, yet he has the worst missed tackle percentage of everyone.

stewart has been breaking tackles at a higher rate than everyone in the league for the entire season so far.

didn't Williams often get more time over Stewart because he's a better blocker...though he's never flipped a Taint on his head.

in the past maybe, but this is from a week ago...

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva · Nov 18

Top-5 RBs in Pass-Blocking Efficiency per @PFF:

1. Eddie Lacy

2. LeVeon Bell

3. Steven Jackson

4. Denard Robinson

5. Jonathan Stewart

didn't Williams often get more time over Stewart because he's a better blocker...though he's never flipped a Taint on his head.

stew-owns.gif

Up until Jim Skipper returned. Stewart was the favored RB when both options were healthy under Rivera

it's not easy to skew.

bishop sankley has the second least amount of touches on the chart, yet he has the worst missed tackle percentage of everyone.

stewart has been breaking tackles at a higher rate than everyone in the league for the entire season so far.

3 1/2 games worth of stats is a significant difference statistically when considering that only 11 games have been played thus far.  1/3 of the season Stewart has been missed.  Again, I am not arguing that Stewart is the better back, he is, I'll defend that whole heartedly, BUT, to keep up the pace of broken tackles he's on at 200 carries is insanely difficult and basically I don't think it'll happena.  You ever seen a guy hitting 400 through the first 2 months of a baseball season, then like clockwork see the same guy lose his touch down the stretch.  It doesn't mean he's no longer as good as he was, but like all athletes, he will hit a rough patch in terms of this, and will come more back to some normalcy, better than most, but not the best in the NFL.  I will agree the coaches NEED to use Stewart more, and Williams needs to only be used to spell Stewart, and the Coached have almost little to no clue what they are doing, BUT, These stats don't bear out the coaches idiocy that is Ron Rivera as much as OP claims it does.

3 1/2 games worth of stats is a significant difference statistically when considering that only 11 games have been played thus far. 1/3 of the season Stewart has been missed. Again, I am not arguing that Stewart is the better back, he is, I'll defend that whole heartedly, BUT, to keep up the pace of broken tackles he's on at 200 carries is insanely difficult and basically I don't think it'll happena. You ever seen a guy hitting 400 through the first 2 months of a baseball season, then like clockwork see the same guy lose his touch down the stretch. It doesn't mean he's no longer as good as he was, but like all athletes, he will hit a rough patch in terms of this, and will come more back to some normalcy, better than most, but not the best in the NFL. I will agree the coaches NEED to use Stewart more, and Williams needs to only be used to spell Stewart, and the Coached have almost little to no clue what they are doing, BUT, These stats don't bear out the coaches idiocy that is Ron Rivera as much as OP claims it does.

Stewart has historically been the king of that stat on PFF over the years. I don't subscribe anymore but over a 3 yr window he was named the most elusive RB or something. It was based on his making people miss

I'm not sure missed tackles indicates he's any better, or that the offensive line isn't blocking anyone.

Stewart always has been rated high by PFF. They named him most elusive a couple years ago when looking at a couple seasons.

Stewart has always made people miss

Archived