• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observation of Wildcard Weekend

Snake

After watching wildcard weekend two things are clear.

1. Our offense is just as good as any playoff team in the NFC except maybe Green Bay.

2. Whoever makes it to the SB is going to face a AFC team that is really good in all phases. They are just so much better than the NFC this year on a talent level. 

3. Dallas will be a warmup game for whoever faces Green Bay. Without some questionable calls Dallas would have been destroyed by Detroit.

4. The Bengals and Cardinals are clearly why we dont need to expand the playoffs. They had no business being in the playoffs in the first place and adding more of these teams would just water down something special.

I was annoyed at how many more bad calls went against us than for us but holy poo the Lions got absolutely robbed in that game.  So apparently, if and only if you play for the Cowboys, it's ok to sumo tackle a receiver before the ball gets there and also have teammates that play on the other side of the ball run onto the field without their helmets on to help remind the officials who exactly you play for.

lol i love how you state the bengals and cardinals are the reasons why the playoffs don't need to be expanded and how they have no business being in the league. very ironic since most people would say that about the panthers. the cardinals are a legit super bowl contender with a component qb and the bengals were a chip shot field goal away from beating us this year.

just don't think the panther fan base should be the fan base pointing out teams that have no business being in the playoffs.

4. The Bengals and Cardinals are clearly why we dont need to expand the playoffs. They had no business being in the playoffs in the first place and adding more of these teams would just water down something special.

you do realize we were 7-8-1 right? I think they have just as much right, if not more, than we do.

lol i love how you state the bengals and cardinals are the reasons why the playoffs don't need to be expanded and how they have no business being in the league. very ironic since most people would say that about the panthers. the cardinals are a legit super bowl contender with a component qb and the bengals were a chip shot field goal away from beating us this year.

just don't think the panther fan base should be the fan base pointing out teams that have no business being in the playoffs.

Was just going to post this. Those two absolutely deserved to be in, they just weren't healthy at a bad time. It's a playoff cliche for a reason: it really is about who is healthiest as much as it is about who is in the best form.

I agree that the format doesn't need to be tweaked, unfortunately the ratings don't lie, and like sheep we will continue to watch the new format just as much.

To play devil's advocate here, NJ, the Panthers won their division while the two teams in question did not. No, our record was not indicative of a typical playoff team, but blame the Saints and Bucs for finishing five or six wins below their preseason projections, not the Panthers who tore down a 12 win team and started as many as eight rookies by the end of the year.

Was just going to post this. Those two absolutely deserved to be in, they just weren't healthy at a bad time. It's a playoff cliche for a reason: it really is about who is healthiest as much as it is about who is in the best form.

I agree that the format doesn't need to be tweaked, unfortunately the ratings don't lie, and like sheep we will continue to watch the new format just as much.

To play devil's advocate here, NJ, the Panthers won their division while the two teams in question did not. No, our record was not indicative of a typical playoff team, but blame the Saints and Bucs for finishing five or six wins below their preseason projections, not the Panthers who tore down a 12 win team and started as many as eight rookies by the end of the year.

i am not saying we shouldn't be in the playoffs or I'm unhappy they are in. I'm just saying its ironic that there are posts on a message board of the 2nd team ever to make the playoffs with a losing record stating that the bengals and cardinals didn't deserve to be in. we won the division and should be in, there is no questioning that, but lets hold back on saying other teams shouldn't be in when there legitimately could be a case made that no 7-8-1 team should be in. 

If you guys think the 7-8-1 team is going to get calls on it's way to the lowest rated Super Bowl in years. I got news for you. The NFL wants the Cowboys in there more than anything on the planet. Cowboys get ratings, Cowboys make money. There will be a cable channel with an alternate broadcast that focuses on Jerry Jones from Kick Off to confetti.

The Cardinals beat the Lions, Cowboys, Eagles, 49ers, Chargers, and Chiefs. Half of those with Drew Stanton playing QB. To say they didnt deserve to get in is idiotic. Also the Bengals looked pathetic today, but they were missing their 2 starting receivers and starting tight end. Hard to score on anyone while missing that, especially when one of those receivers is the best one in the conference. They had Rex Burkhead playing receiver today for gods sakes

Archived