• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star has broke foot, out for playoffs

jamos14

I think this affects the 4th quarter. With our other 2 NT's and the LB core, we'll still be able to contain Lynch for 2-3 quarters.

If we can score some to force them to go to the air, we'll be ok. The answer for his absence comes from the offense, not the defense.

That being said I'd drop our chances of winning from 20-30% to 10-20%.

It's strange, but there have been some games this season where you can tell that Wilson has worked on his pocket presence and hitting quick passes from the pocket, and then there are some where he does feel phantom pressure. With that said, there are plenty of plays in Seattle's playbook that involve moving that pocket around or rolling Wilson out. Wilson CAN play from the pocket, but it does limit his improvisational magic.

Yes Brady CAN also run the read option but you and I know how effective he will be. Until RW learns to stand in the pocket and read the field and throw, he will never be a top QB. He will be needing to do more of that next season should lynch leave.

Panthers were 0-2 without Star, gave up 149 rushing YPG, to the 31st and 14th ranked rushing offense.

yeah but Star was there when we were losing also. The difference in our D has been due to more disciplined play on the backend. Increased pressure from CJ has also helped.

If we really wanted to, Goodell has no ground to stand on if we demand Hardy play.

Just saying.

Please god make that happen.

Big Frank should be back in the line up this week. He looks pretty damn jacked. It may serve us well to have him playing more of a hybrid role with Ealy against a guy like Wilson.

Yes Brady CAN also run the read option but you and I know how effective he will be. Until RW learns to stand in the pocket and read the field and throw, he will never be a top QB. He will be needing to do more of that next season should lynch leave.

Well, I think that learning process has begun, though he's certainly not on the level of the elite QBs in that regard yet. I agree that he'll need to work on that part of his game more if/when Lynch is done in Seattle. I think the Hawks will always dedicate themselves to a strong run game as long as Carroll (or a Carroll disciple) is in charge, but as Wilson gets older, he's not going to be able to use his legs as effectively. He might still retain some elusiveness, but he won't be able to get around the corner against a young LB.

EDIT: Just realized I'm hijacking the thread a bit, so I'll leave the discussion of Wilson alone going forward. Sorry about Lotulelei. I like that dude.

Archived