• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The "Ask a Panther Fan" Thread

Hawk

all I've learned so far is that there's no such place as Carolina and that a Panther is the same as a Jaguar and a Puma and a Leopard and that most panther fans are really defensive!

It's that kinda-but-not-really panther logo shaped thing.

Not pictured: Canada

0EKwD.jpg

With the exception of the Florida Panther (which is actually a cougar), all Panthers are black.  Panther is literally a term for a black cat of the panthera genus... typically a black jaguar, leopard, and sometimes a cougar.

It's possible there are black cougars in NC, which is probably where the sightings come from... and could be called a panther, even though it's really not part of the panthera genus.

There are, for sure.  Most people don't believe it, and you'll never find any kind of cougar population, noted on population maps.  They are here though, and I have an uncle who has pictures of a black one at one of his hunting spots.  We had a huge gray one who's territory overlapped our property.  You talk about some scary poo to hear at night...  that growl, or whatever the hell it is they do, always fuged with me.  The bobcats and foxes were just annoying to listen to, but you knew when that big fuger was in town.

all I've learned so far is that there's no such place as Carolina and that a Panther is the same as a Jaguar and a Puma and a Leopard and that most panther fans are really defensive!

Awww bless your heart. Just ask your QB if Carolina is a real place. Then ask him why there's an imaginary mascot on his helmet. Finally, we have manners in the South and aren't raised to be offensive.

Take care and try not to get caught between the next earthquake and eruption up there.

all's fair in love and war....

I'll start....

can one of you please tell me where the hell Carolina is?  I've looked on the map, google, GPS....all I know is they have a hockey team and a football team but I'd be damned if I know where it is?

and part 2...

assuming this place is in the good ole US of A....is it really crawling with panthers....or is there another reason you named your team after an obscure animal that doesn't even live in this obscure place?

thanks...Love Hawk

The Province of Carolina is the region where North and South Carolina continue to sit.  It was established in the mid 1600's and was named after King Charles the 1st.

Read a fugging history book

The Province of Carolina is the region where North and South Carolina continue to sit.  It was established in the mid 1600's and was named after King Charles the 1st.

Read a fugging history book

He cant read because I posted that a few pages back. 

Archived