• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better know a Prospect - Jake Fisher

Jeremy Igo

Seahawksdraftblog.com:

"nobody had a better athletic performance than Oregon’s Jake Fisher. His 7.25 in the 3-cone and 4.33 in the short shuttle were top-five for OT’s over the last decade.

He ran an official 5.01 in the forty yard dash with a 1.75 ten yard split and posted a 32.5 in the vertical jump. Nobody came close to that kind of performance this year.

I’ve spent the last hour digging through some Oregon TV tape to have another look at him.

He’s an effortless lateral mover — that’s no surprise given what he achieved at the combine today. He’ll be able to cope with speed. There’s very little tightness in his hips and that’ll bode well if a team decides to keep him at tackle

there just isn’t anyone with Fisher's level of athletic upside available at offensive tackle this year. There’s no Greg Robinson or Taylor Lewan. ... We’ve talked about this a lot — the top college athletes are gravitating towards defense. It’s been happening for a while. And it’s putting a premium on athletic offensive linemen who can match-up at the next level. It’s why Eric Fisher jumped Luke Joeckel as the first pick in 2013 — and it’s why Lane Johnson went in the top five.

There’s a big market for players like Jake Fisher in the league ... A top-40 grade feels right today, but you’d still expect several other offensive linemen to leave the board first (including Andrus Peat, T.J. Clemmings, La’el Collins, Brandon Scherff and the blossoming D.J. Humphries)."

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/thoughts-on-jake-fisher-and-his-fit-in-seattle

img24748806.jpg

Wouldn't mind Fisher at all at 25, since I doubt he drops to us in the 2nd. A trade back is obviously the pie in the sky move that never happens, but grabbing an athletic OT with a mean streak, who has experience at both RT and LT, who has worked with a running QB? Sounds good to me. 

Remmers, Vet FA, Fisher (those 3 battle it out for RT/LT), another OT rookie, and (gulp) Bell as a backup is probably the best we're going to do heading into next season. 

nepatriotsdraft.com Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko Feb 20

Jake Fisher posted the 3rd Best Short Shuttle of all OL since

2006.. 4.33 He made a ton of money today

nepatriotsdraft.com Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko Feb 20

Jake Fisher probably goes in the top 40-50 picks.

NFL.com Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks Feb 20

Jake Fisher is having a great day

NFL Draft Scout Matt Miller @ nfldraftscout Feb 20

Effortless movement from Jake Fisher .

Jake Fisher and Ali Marpet dominated the timings today.

For my money, Jake Fisher is the best "sleeper" OL prospect.

He could legitimately go Round 1.

ndtscouting.com Kyle Crabbs @NDTScouting Feb 20

That saying about the Combine confirming your film

takeaways? Let's just say I feel real good about Jake Fisher

as my #2 OT right about now.

Optimum Scouting Eric Galko @OptimumScouting Feb 20

Jake Fisher with a 5.01. Again, a bit surprised he wasn't

under 5. He's our #2 OT in this class, battling with La'El

Collins.

Draft Scout 24/7 @DraftScout247 Feb 20

OL who made themselves some money today: La'El Collins,

LSU Jake Fisher , Oregon Brandon Scherff, Iowa

draftbreakdown.com Joe Marino @ TheJoeMarino Feb 20

Have to say the two most impressive lineman in terms of

movement have been La'el Collins and Jake Fisher

Sports Illustrated Chris Burke @ ChrisBurke_SI Feb 20

Jake Fisher played TE in high school. Still looks like he could

go run some routes. Quick feet.

buffalobillsdraft.com Dan Hope @Dan_Hope Feb 20

Jake Fisher looked good, unsurprisingly.

nfl-draft-zone.com Dan Turner @ dtsturner Feb 17

4) Jake Fisher , OT (Oregon). He moves like a TE. He'll run a

ridiculous 40 time, and will time well in all of the movement

workouts

Ian Wharton @ NFLFilmStudy Feb 11

I think Jake Fisher is one of 3 tackles that can come in and

play LT on Day 1.

boltsfromtheblue.com Kyle Posey @ The_KP_Show Feb 6

Don’t think I’ll write him up but here’s 5 games of notes on

Oregon’s OT Jake Fisher . Gave him a fringe 1st

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qnj2QOXlk2a9yJKKxoByJIpVReMCbHbsfUs-u4JdIHo/edit?usp=docslist_api&pli=1

If it comes down to listening to folk complain about value versus getting the best guy to become our starting LT, which choice do you make?  10/10, I take the starting LT.  I don't want to wait until someone picks him up mid round two.  The Cowboys "over drafted" that C from Wisconson (Fredricks), got blasted early on, but have what is considered on of the best OLines in the NFL.

Everyone's an expert, but if you love a prospect and you think he can slot right in day 1 as a starter, do you gamble and wait?  Or do you pull the trigger?  Good thing I'm not a GM, but I think you take the best player who makes your team better.

• Pie 1

Chiefs blog:

"In Oregon’s first three games with Fisher, they went 3-0, averaged 52 points and Mariota was sacked only four times. In his two game absence, however, Oregon went 1-1, averaged 31 points and Mariota was sacked 12 times.

KC is the 18th pick overall in this year’s draft...This places Fisher at an opportune moment in selection, should KC elect to focus on the line instead of the receiving corps. ... Fisher has an innate ability for protection. ... he has every ability to provide leverage for the run and provide premium pass protection. He is mobile, agile, and has proven himself on both ends of the line, while most other prospects still have this aspect to convince scouts on. Overall, drafting Fisher would be a win for Kansas City. And for Alex Smith’s health.

http://profootballspot.com/_/nfl/afc-west/kansas-city-chiefs/oregons-jake-fisher-perfect-match-for-chiefs-r6518

Before the combine, CBS sports had Fisher rated a 2nd round pick. If we could land him in the 2nd round that would be great. In the first round Gettleman will take BPA. I could see a double dip like we did with Star and Short.

I know Gettleman will get us some Hog Mollies.

Before the combine, CBS sports had Fisher rated a 2nd round pick. If we could land him in the 2nd round that would be great. In the first round Gettleman will take BPA. I could see a double dip like we did with Star and Short.

I know Gettleman will get us some Hog Mollies.

Last year at this time I would've told you that there was no way we were going into camp with Byron Bell and Nate Chandler penciled in to start at OT.  Damned if we didn't.  Now I don't know what to think.  I sure as hell hope our starting LT isn't currently on the roster, I do know that.

kcsportsnation.com Mr. Lawrence @ ChiefsSince2008 Feb 20

Jake Fisher looks like a more polished tackle than our Fisher [Eric Fisher #1 overall pick in 2013]

thedraftreport.com Shane Alexander @Shane1Alexander Feb 20

Jake Fisher 's getting the Eric Fisher treatment, but his tape is better/more established. Round 1 hype is real.

NFL draft analyst at B/R Brent Sobleski @ brentsobleski Feb 20

In a shaky first-round offensive tackle class, Jake Fisher

looks like a first-round talent. Entire workout impressive

FootballSavages.com Ben Natan @ BenNatanFS Feb 20

A lot to love with Fisher . Could sneak into the first round

withthe firstpick.com Dillon Matthew Smith @DillonSmithNFL Feb 20

Jake Fisher looks great

buffalobillsdraft.com Brian Krosky @ bkrosky26 Feb 20

Jake Fisher just looks like a physical specimen... he looks phenomenal.

rotoworld.com Josh Norris @ JoshNorris Feb 20

So in terms of movement skills (straight line and laterally),

seems like Jake Fisher and Ali Marpet produced the best

performances.

soonerscoop.com Josh McCuistion @JLMcCuistion Feb 20

man, really, really like Jake Fisher ... really like what I see from him

ukdraftguide.com UK Draft Guide @ mattphillips78 Feb 21

JAKE FISHER / LT /Oregon: One of my favourite OL this season, had a great day. quick, smooth, great feet, strong. Rising fast now

Sports Illustrated Peter Bukowski @ BukoTime Feb 20

Jake Fisher with the best OL combine so far right? He can be an NFL LT IMO. ... I really liked his tape, plus that Oregon offense bogged down without him in the lineup.

thedraftreport.com Shane Alexander @Shane1Alexander Feb 20

OL Money Makers: La'El Collins Jake Fisher Cam Erving

Jarvis Harrison DJ Humphries Ali Marpet Brandon Scherff

Laken Tomlinson #NFLCombine

from before Combine:

Draftbreakdown.com Justis Mosqueda @ JuMosq Feb 10

I currently see (that people have) Jake Fisher graded as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He’s a 1st rounder to me, easily.

compare to reigning First-team All-Pro LT Tyron Smith of the Cowboys when he came out (Smith didn't do the drills at Combine, so numbers are from his Pro Day at USC)

6-6/306 - Jake Fisher

6-5/307 - Tyron Smith

Vertical Jump:

29 - Tyron Smith

32 1/2 - Jake Fisher

20 Yrd Shuttle

4.68 - Tyron Smith

4.33 - Jake Fisher

3-Cone Drill

7.47 - Tyron Smith

7.25 - Jake Fisher

• Pie 1

Best combine by far for a OT, but for me that means little to nothing.

Each year huddlers are reminded not to overrate combine, each year that don't. I mean a player that works on the start of his 40, can improve it form 4.7 to 4.5 easily. Fisher looked hes been taught by a GREAT OL coach to prepare for the combine. They know the drills, just shows he put in work.