• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is a staff change out of the realm of possibility now?

@bobbyagnese

With him as OC we are 19-12 in the regular season, twice made the playoffs and will likely have more offensive talent to run his scheme. Why switch to an unknown when the results with Shula have been better than a lot of teams in the NFL with arguably much better talent.

Rivera has gotten better in year 3 and 4. If you believe that Shula will do the same then it is only going to get better. If you don't think he will improve then you will have to suffer through at least 1 more year.

We had that record due to our D not our O. O has lagged behind. 

Did that in-spite of Shula's dumb playcalling. 

We won the South and Playoff game.

How could any Organization aspire for more than that?

People keep saying this like we didn't just have a losing season.

The reason Shula stays OC is that the Saints and Falcons fell apart?

Rivera has gotten better in year 3 and 4. If you believe that Shula will do the same then it is only going to get better. If you don't think he will improve then you will have to suffer through at least 1 more year.

If he were new to the job then I maybe I would be behind this.  We already have seen from his OC stint in Tampa and his HC stint at Alabama, both of which lasted four years, that he does not get better.

if that kam chancellor FG block situation didn't clue anyone in this organization into the fact that the coaches are asleep at the wheel half the time i don't know what will. i see nothing from this season other than the team not quitting on rivera that says they were coached well

I think people over emphasize learning a new system. Many teams have had success learning a new system their first year. Cam was explosive his first year with Chud. If shula is going to stay it shouldn't be because learning a new system is hard

Chuds and Shula systems are the same. Your confusing systems with playcalling. If we moved to a WCO I could promise you there would be growing pains.

People keep saying this like we didn't just have a losing season.

The reason Shula stays OC is that the Saints and Falcons fell apart?

One could argue that we had a lot to do with them falling apart.  It was out there for the taking and only one team stepped up and delivered.

We had that record due to our D not our O. O has lagged behind. 

Did that in-spite of Shula's dumb playcalling. 

Anyone who knows football even casually also knows that it is the ultimate team sport.  One side of the ball relies on the other.  They don't operate independently or in a vacuum. As such the defense getting better helped the offense and vice versa.  The defense also improved the last 5 or 6 games at the same time the offense improved as well.  Coincidence?  I think not.

If he were new to the job then I maybe I would be behind this.  We already have seen from his OC stint in Tampa and his HC stint at Alabama, both of which lasted four years, that he does not get better.

What he did over a decade ago has little to do with today.  Do you want people bringing up your shortcomings of a decade ago as justification for how you doing now or do you think you might have grown and improved over that amount of time.

Archived