• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Sherman may leave before the Superbowl is over

Jeremy Igo

I don't think Sherman is like that. Stanford educated, seems like a really bright guy. I'd be shocked if he were a deadbeat dad.

No, I agree. I was suggesting more that she wants to make sure he knows without a doubt she's the one he should marry. Forcing him into making a decision over the birth and the SB could interfere with that.

To us it's an easy decision - go to the birth. Then again....none of us have ever played in the SB

I feel like it's an intense family decision that he and his girlfriend would have to make together. Both sides would need to be completely honest with each other on what they want.

There could be no telling him to go play and then getting mad when he does. Assuming that's what she's doing just because she's a woman is silly to me. Not all women are the same. Just like not all men are.

I think he should do whatever makes them both happy. He works all year for those 3 and a half hours Sunday. I'll think no less of him if he misses the birth to help his team accomplish the goal.

No way you can miss the super bowl. Say we get there and cam is going to be a dad. You guys are ok with him missing the game? Dude is paid MILLIONS not a guy at Wal-Mart missing his shift. If he has to he should miss the birth and his girlfriend should understand.

I don't think the Super Bowl should be dismissed as "just a football game". It's one of the biggest events in the country rather you like it or not. Either choice he makes is understandable, but I think playing in the Super Bowl is a pretty damn significant life event also.

Maybe if he didn't win one last year. But he has a ring already. To him personally, this one means less.

You can have kids any day but to play in a SB is extremely rare. If I found out my dad skipped the SB to be at my birth I would slap him

I think its more to support the girlfriend than seeing the baby born. Not much more stressful and traumatizing than child birth.

Know this.... What a pregnant woman says and what will happen are two totally different things. She only says she wants him to play because she is testing his resolve to be there. She doesn't actually want him to miss the birth because of a football game.

Not just "a" football game though. It's THE football game. I don't think he misses the game that's just my opinion though.

Sherman cant just ditch his teammates like that, and wont. I would be very very very surprised if he missed the game. Players rarely miss regular season games for the birth of their kid (1st one or not) so missing the super bowl is out of the question. Im sorry but he has the rest of his life to spend with the kid and the wife and kid would feel a little guilty for a good portion of their lives if they felt responsible for Sherman missing potentially his last chance to ever play in one.

Know this.... What a pregnant woman says and what will happen are two totally different things. She only says she wants him to play because she is testing his resolve to be there. She doesn't actually want him to miss the birth because of a football game.

A million times this. His ass is grass if he misses the birth of his son.

Archived