• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera said countless times we so or have drafted Russell Wilson as a backup. Imagine ripple effect.

PanthersUnited

I know this isn't a news story, it's very slow news cycle this time of year so I thought I would post this because it's just fun. It's no secret that Ron has said we pretty much would have drafted Wilson to be Cam's backup of he was avaliable. Just imagine how huge that would have been and the ripple effect it would have had on the NFL.

The landscape would have been entirely different. I mean DIFFERENT! I'm talking, Back To the Future 2, alternate 1985 with rich Biff different.

Would have Wilson looked so good in camp and pre season would be have took Cam's place? Would we have traded Cam? Or would we have traded Wilson?! If so, to which team?!

Without Wilson in Seattle do we win all three of our games against them the last three seasons thus altering the entire NFC rankings those years?!

You have to admit, thinking about the million different outcomes is fun, what do you see being the likeliest outcome had we drafted Wilson?!

Seattle has had a LOADED team the past three years, they would have probably dominated regardless

Dominated? They haven't dominated us under Cam/Rivera once. Without Wilson I bet we have a significantly better shot at beating them each time. Really no reason to talk about it though.

The whining on here would be epic if Doug Baldwin was Cam's #1 with Jermaine Kearse as the #2. Regardless of how good our defense was people would be screaming for better weapons. Whenever Wilson is discussed his defense is mentioned as a weapon for him, I don't remember the same for Cam last year when we had the #2 defense, or even this year when our defense carried us the second half of the year. It's OK to give other quarterbacks credit for what they do without having to try to diminish it every way possible to make Cam look better by comparison.

The whining on here would be epic if Doug Baldwin was Cam's #1 with Jermaine Kearse as the #2. Regardless of how good our defense was people would be screaming for better weapons. Whenever Wilson is discussed his defense is mentioned as a weapon for him, I don't remember the same for Cam last year when we had the #2 defense, or even this year when our defense carried us the second half of the year. It's OK to give other quarterbacks credit for what they do without having to try to diminish it every way possible to make Cam look better by comparison.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Very much true. Truth is Cam has had weapons since he's been here, better than some other QBs. However, Wilson still remains a poor pocket QB shielded by his team. Remember Golden Tate? Well he's tearing it up in DET. Fans always want to blame everyone else but the QB.

I don't think anyone would be complaining about the magical-ass catches Baldwin and Kearse make out of freakin nowhere, name power or not.

Wilson's receivers are criminally underrated.

thank you.

as for RW being on this team. There is no way he would have even been given close to a chance of starting over Cam in 2012 after Cam's GOAT rookie year.

That said it would have been nice to show him off in preseason and possibly get a trade for him.

Archived