• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DGB Considered "Best WR to Come Out since Calvin Johnson."

nctarheel0619

I guess some people are under the impression that after using the Franchise Tag on Hardy that Gettleman will be very hesitant from here on out, which is certainly plausible obviously, but personally I just don't buy that with what I've seen from DG so far.

The kid is a rare talent but he comes with too many red flags.  Carolina has one of the strongest locker rooms in the NFL.  Will that be enough to influence this kid back on to the straight and narrow?  No idea.  Is it worth risking a #1 pick on, I would say no.  Carolina doesn't really need any more set backs.

The kid is a rare talent but he comes with too many red flags. Carolina has one of the strongest locker rooms in the NFL. Will that be enough to influence this kid back on to the straight and narrow? No idea. Is it worth risking a #1 pick on, I would say no. Carolina doesn't really need any more set backs.

Yep. We have too many holes to risk wasting a first rounder. Plus, I'm sure JR is well aware that the Costas' of the world will refer to us as "woman abuse condoners" until the end of time.

I'm thinking if he proves teams otherwise, interviews well, and clears the pre-draft drug test, he'll be gone by our pick.  If flags come up, I obviously don't see us picking him.  There are a lot of star WR hungry teams before 25.  Especially given how WRs turned out last year, I think there will at least be one more than just White, Cooper, and Parker taken by our pick.  

Overall, I don't think us drafting DGB at 25 is likely no matter your opinion on dreadlocks or funions.       

Archived