• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DGB Considered "Best WR to Come Out since Calvin Johnson."

nctarheel0619

I've been one of Greg Hardy's biggest defenders on the Huddle. Keep that in mind when I write the following:

I wouldn't use anything above a 6th rounder on DGB. He is a shitty human being that will absolutely flame out quickly. Don't compare him to Josh Gordon. Compare him to Maurice Clarett. There is an 80-90% chance of this happening. If you say "well don't draft him in the 1st, but definitely draft him in the 2nd!!!!" you are an idiot. 2nd round picks are very valuable, you don't just piss them away.

Boy, there's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

I think Benji + Funchess would be a killer combo.

We still need that speed, take-it-to-the-house guy. Funchess is big, strong and athletic, but he is not particularly elusive. His YAC will probably be minimal. People are already speculating that he may play some TE. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to have him, but we'd need someone else in addition to Funchess (and Benjamin).

We still need that speed, take-it-to-the-house guy. Funchess is big, strong and athletic, but he is not particularly elusive. His YAC will probably be minimal. People are already speculating that he may play some TE. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to have him, but we'd need someone else in addition to Funchess (and Benjamin).

You're right on still needing a speedster..  Though,   honestly,  they may have faith in Philly being that speedster next season.

If we get another big, athletic Wr ,  that can catch the ball over defenders.......to pair up with Benji,  and Philly improves..........then our WR unit goes from being a weakness to being a strength.

You're right on still needing a speedster.. Though, honestly, they may have faith in Philly being that speedster next season.

If we get another big, athletic Wr , that can catch the ball over defenders.......to pair up with Benji, and Philly improves..........then our WR unit goes from being a weakness to being a strength.

They may. But remember that lack of team speed was a primary theme going into this off-season. That, and looking to upgrade any position are the things that I remember the most. I think that Philly is by no means the default speed merchant. He will have some serious competition.

If it comes down to it, and the team has evaluated him, interviewed him, and made a judgement on if he won't be a problem in the future, and we draft him, I will have no problem with it. We would be scary with KB and DGB.

DGB

+

KB

=

DGKBB

=

DaveGettlemanKillsBillBelichick

=Super Bowl

Consensus?

Trade up to draft DGB.

I also don't understand how anyone can call DGB the best WR coming out of college since Megatron.  He isn't a WR right now.  He's a WR prospect.  The guy has less than 1300 receiving yards in his entire college career.

Johnson had nearly 3000 receiving yards while playing in a damn triple option.

DGB is one helluva WR prospect, but he isn't polished and he has a ton of question marks.  I trust the organization to do their homework on the guy, but there's no way in hell I'd take him at #25.  I'd have concerns if we took him in the 2nd and he probably won't be there anyway.  He sure as hell won't be there in the 3rd.

In other words, I don't want him.

All of these coaches, scouts and analysts are hyping this guy for a reason. I could see if it was just one or two, but DGB apparently has something that all of us plebeians aren't privy to, and I am going to take their word for it until I see different.

i get it.

dude is an athletic freak. but lets not forget this kid didn't even play any meaningful football last year. Not one game. when you are looking at a player you look at everything. There is no tape on him last year. DG is a tape guy. Thats going to be a major problem, regardless of his off the field activities that got him to the position he was in. that's where the hype is coming from. he's sort of an unknown with crazy freakish measurables and a season with 12 Tds two years ago

do you really think DG is going to draft this kid at 25. uh, no. no chance. we can't afford to take a gamble on a guy like this right now. Even taking away his off-the field issues.

I also don't understand how anyone can call DGB the best WR coming out of college since Megatron.  He isn't a WR right now.  He's a WR prospect.  The guy has less than 1300 receiving yards in his entire college career.

Johnson had nearly 3000 receiving yards while playing in a damn triple option.

DGB is one helluva WR prospect, but he isn't polished and he has a ton of question marks.  I trust the organization to do their homework on the guy, but there's no way in hell I'd take him at #25.  I'd have concerns if we took him in the 2nd and he probably won't be there anyway.  He sure as hell won't be there in the 3rd.

In other words, I don't want him.

Best WR to come out since Calvin? Seriously? Talk about hyperbole.

This dude is hyped up beyond belief

I can see someone not wanting DGB strictly for the off-field issues (I really can), but there is no way that you're telling me that you find a 6'6" freak with soft hands and damned near elite speed that strides like a deer everyday.  You just don't, and that's why people are so excited about his upside.  He hasn't even been coached up yet. His upside is tremendous.  Who cares about a Megatron comparison? Even if he has the skill set and upside of A.J. Green, you have yourself a keeper.  

Archived