• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Agree or Disagree...

Mr. Scot

...with these three statements.

- We have a better roster than we had two years ago

- Over the past two years, we have seen improvement from our coaching staff

- Our front office has us headed in the right direction

For each answer, explain why.

-Better in the long run, much younger with key guys locked up and I think less holes. But I don't think our roster from the end of this past season has us in as good of a position to win a Super Bowl as 2013's roster did.

-Don't think this can be answered considering the huge losses from 2013 to 2014 (Gross, Hardy, Captain, Ginn, Mitchell, etc.). In some areas there's definitely been improvement though and other areas probably not.

-Absolutely. DG could be the best GM in the league if he continues at this rate. Amazing amazing amazing drafts and solid FA for the most part considering our cap space, and show business instinct by not overpaying. Think we're in a perfect position for sustained success.

No. We can talk potential but big picture I don't think we can factually say it is better. Can't really say WR, RB, S, T, DE, etc are stronger now. We have better potential now at some spots but can't really ink us in as better.

No. Ron is what he is. He still has all his same positive and negatives

I think so....Dave appears to have things going the right direction. This offseason will tell us a lot more about him since he actually has some room and ability to make moves both acquiring and dealing with present guys

-Yes in terms of calendar. But we signed some great UFAs 2 years ago

-No. I think it's been more of the same. 

-I think so. We are nearly out of our cap issues and our draft picks are playing. But Gettleman's crucible will be retaining talent, not finding it.

so you mean compare the roster now to going into the 2013 season?

If so

1. I'd have to say no...Hardy obviously won't be back and he was one of our "elite" players, and although I'm high on Norwell and Remmers, I think our line was better 2 years ago with Gross.  WRs are probably a wash at this point, and our secondary as a whole is maybe slightly better today (maybe).  Not to mention Dwill and Tolbert still had something left in the tank 2 years ago...  (This is on a strictly one year evaluation basis, I think we have a lot more young potential on our roster now and I think we'll be in a better place 5 years from now because of it.)

2. Well...a year ago I would have said yes, but RR slipped back into a lot of his old bad habits last year (excessive conservatism, questionable game management, not using players correctly, not evaluating talent on the roster correctly).  Not saying I want RR gone, just that he hasn't improved as much as we all thought he did in 2013.  Also, Shula is still gonna Shula.  I guess we demoted Rodgers at least so that's an improvement

3. Well, even with 2 pessimistic answers I still have to say the FO has us moving in the right direction.  The majority of Gettleman's picks have contributed in some role, and we've made the playoffs 2 years in a row despite being limited to the "dollah store" in FA.  If you look at his philosophy of getting cheaper FA's for need and drafting for talent... that's how most of the best teams in the league are put together.  Now if we could only ditch Shula I'd feel even better about the FO being willing to shake things up...

I'm going to do it as of THIS POINT 2 years ago, which means Mike Mitchell, Dominique Hixon, Chase Blackburn, Ted Ginn, Melvin White, Star Lotulelei, Kawaan Short, A.J. Klein, etc. are not included.

1. Much Better on Defense Now. Slightly better on Offense then (mainly due to experience)

2. Yes. 2013 Ron Rivera learns to take "calculated gambles." 2014 Ron Rivera learns to trust GettleGod's pickups. Shula is still incompetent.

3. I feel much better about our future now than I did at this point in 2013.

But I am a half glass full kinda guy.

Archived