• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and Cam Newton in contract talks

bLACKpANTHER

So realistically how much could Cam be looking to bank. I think it would be hard to put a value on the guy until you see what he does with decent talent around him. Luck has had offensive talent around him since day one, so his numbers are to be expected. Wilson has had Lynch and a number 1 defense. What has Cam had except for pedestrian receivers(minus Smith), shaky offensive lines, an aging "star" running back and a coach who is still learning OTJ.

Considering cook got Cutler a 7 year deal worth 127 with 54 guaranteed....I think you look at that contract as the floor of what Cook is looking for, of course with more money though.

Realistically Cam can get 22-25m a season. 7 years 160 million, 70m guaranteed. As nuts as that sounds, I'd be willing to bet that Cook is looking for something similar for Cam.

We're going to lose him

I really doubt it.  When push comes to shove, Cam is going to get a huge contract.  Gettleman may hate it, but Cam gives us the best chance to win a superbowl.  You have to pay your Franchise QB.  Otherwise, you're back to square one.  Who wants to break in another rookie QB in a year or two? 

Nope, Cam's going to stay a Panther.  It's going to be a huge number, but that's the way the NFL works.  The Panthers and Cam are going to see what Seattle and Indy do for their QBs and work from there.  This is all just dancing right now.

(Now that I say that, Cam's contract with the Panthers will be announced in 10 minutes...)