• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

The only player who showed at the funeral was Greg Hardy. I don't know how to embed tweets but Person tweeted it about 20 minutes ago.

I know that's my point. Where was J-Stew or Tolbert? What about his neighbor, Thomas Davis? Shouldn't he care more about why these guys didn't come as opposed to not getting a call from JR?

I know that's my point. Where was J-Stew or Tolbert? What about his neighbor, Thomas Davis? Shouldn't he care more about why these guys didn't come as opposed to not getting a call from JR?

My thoughts too.  he and stewart are pretty tight from what I understand, too. So he has plenty of people besides JR to be pissed at if that's what he wants to do with the rest of his life.  

Some of you people are the fuging worst. You sound like a buch of whiny bitches everytime someone airs the Fo's dirty laundry. Blah, blah, blah, JR is the greatest. This organization can do no wrong. And, it seems some don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. The way they dealt with it was foul. Point-blank, period. 

I'm beginning to think there was some lapse in communication.  It was the offseason when she passed.  Team members are taking vacations and have other things going on at the time.  The team probably had short notice of her death.  To be sure he didn't call up the front office immediately and notify them.  They probably had to wait and hear something.  I don't know.  There was no reason for him to wait until he was released to say it.

Perhaps there should be an airing of grievances when a player is released.  A press conference where a player can tell every poo thing that happened to him.  

I've been outside the inner circle before. As the guy who had to deliver bad news I never expected upper management to have my back when I needed it or for that matter come to my funeral. When I had to fly my kid out of country because of a medical issue and he nearly died I did get flowers and one partner emailed me. The head partner never said a word despite being the guy that everyone loves. And i didn't care a lick because they paid well, completely left me alone to do my job and gave me great experience. SO when my contract was up I said thank you very much, took my contract bonues and never said a negative word.

So my advice to Deangelo would be to gain some self awareness. JR and your teammates probably had a good reason they didn't show up. Figure out why.

Having said that I think many of us are confused that JR wouldn't show up because of how mice and compassionate he is. JR is a hardnosed businessman who can be mean as a snake and has come off as a bumbling idiot at times. I have heard it from some of his family and people who grew up with him. Which is fine. People don't get to where they are by being nice all the time. He is probably not surprised that Deangelo did this and probably doesn't care.

Because his mother was the most important person in HIS life he thought the world and the organization should have made more of an effort to commemorate her.

They fell short of what he thought she deserved and he proceeded to be worthless for the year

Brett Farve's dad died and he went out there and won a football game in his honor the next day. People react differently to the passing of close ones. DWill unfortunately regressed more that he has over the last few years.

Looking back now I wonder if he gave his best effort when in the game. Not sure now.

Pretty good point.

Oh I agree he's been mediocre for a while.

General consensus would definitely be that he's been declining.

That said, to put something less than your best effort out there because you're mad about something is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If I recall correctly, he dedicated this past season to her. If you're going to do something like that, wouldn't it then make sense to give it your best all out effort?

Archived