• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WTF is this about a Dez Bryant video worse than Ray Rice's?

top dawg

If it's something from his pre-NFL days, that's gonna be an absolute nightmare for the League.

A tape as bad as people speculate would be a huge black eye for the NFL, but how do you punish him for something he did before he was a part of the organization?

Exactly.  I don't see anyway possible they could suspend him.

Unless of course its a recent event... and even then I could easily see him getting a slap on the wrist just because he has a star on the side of his helmet.

Possibly...Unless it gets him prosecuted and goes to trial.

I mean in terms of it's affect on league image. I don't think it's that big if it was an unknown incident from before the NFL. It would be worse if it came after he started to have incidents that should have caused them to look into his scenario.

maybe its a video of Dez Bryant 'welcoming' Michael Sam to the team.

Or treating him badly.

Florio said last week it's been circulating around for months (not the video itself but that there is a video). Bullshit. Somebody would've written about it then. Nothing was known to the public about this until last week when Florio said something about it on that radio show.

That's the weird part.

In today's media culture, nobody sits on anything.  There's so much competition to be the first one to "break news" that people will run with stuff even if they don't have corroboration.

So what possible reason would there be to hold back on something like this?

Florio said last week it's been circulating around for months (not the video itself but that there is a video). Bullshit. Somebody would've written about it then. Nothing was known to the public about this until last week when Florio said something about it on that radio show.

Well Shefter is talking about it also and confirmed he has been working on the story since September of last year. He was on a Chicago radio station this morning and said so. He is on around the 46th minute. 

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=12370012

Here is what was said:

Carmen and Jurko: What’s going on with Dez Bryant?

Adam Schefter: That’s a very interesting question. I’ll just say this – check back with me on that one.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you heard about this video? Do you know what’s on it?

Schefter: Yeah.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you seen it?

Schefter: I have not seen it.

Carmen and Jurko: Is he doing something criminal? Can you talk about it?

Schefter: I’ll say this: I’ve been working on this since September.

Carmen and Jurko: Is it criminal?

Schefter: Like I said I’ve been working on it since September. There’s a lot involved.

Carmen and Jurko: Is this going to come out?

Schefter: Don’t know. Don’t know yet.

Carmen and Jurko: Okay. Wow. I have never heard about this until the weekend and now it’s all over the internet

Schefter: It’s taken up a lot of my time this season I’ll say that.

Carmen and Jurko: And you did it in a very clandestine way it sounds like. Did you feel like you had to?

Schefter: Well listen, whatever we’ve been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You’ve got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t mean anything and it’s really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which we spent a long time trying to do

http://stlouis.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/702314/dez-bryant-video-confirmed

That's the weird part.

In today's media culture, nobody sits on anything.  There's so much competition to be the first one to "break news" that people will run with stuff even if they don't have corroboration.

So what possible reason would there be to hold back on something like this?

I'm saying it's bullshit. Exactly like you said, nobody sits on anything. There is literally 0% chance that all these people have known of a video for months and sat on it, as Florio claims. Even if none of them had proof that there was a video there would have been stories about it. It's just trash.

Well Shefter is talking about it also and confirmed he has been working on the story since September of last year. He was on a Chicago radio station this morning and said so. He is on around the 46th minute. 

Here is what was said:

Adam Schefter: That’s a very interesting question. I’ll just say this – check back with me on that one.

Schefter: Like I said I’ve been working on it since September. There’s a lot involved.

Carmen and Jurko: Okay. Wow. I have never heard about this until the weekend and now it’s all over the internet

Carmen and Jurko: And you did it in a very clandestine way it sounds like. Did you feel like you had to?

Schefter: Well listen, whatever we’ve been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You’ve got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t mean anything and it’s really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which we spent a long time trying to do

Maybe a few people had known about it and were working on it, but I still think it's impossible for it to have been circulating around the media (implying many knew about it) for months with nothing at all coming out until last week. We'll just have to see.

I'm saying it's bullshit. Exactly like you said, nobody sits on anything. There is literally 0% chance that all these people have known of a video for months and sat on it, as Florio claims. Even if none of them had proof that there was a video there would have been stories about it. It's just trash.

Here is what was said:

Is it valid to think that if it weren't something criminal, he'd have just said so?

Archived