• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Greg Hardy won't be reinstated because he hasn't been disciplined yet

Montsta

There are guys who never get charged with a crime that get punished.

This isn't the legal system. We are talking about the NFL. They can and do punish guys for making them look bad....they don't need a court or a guilty verdict or even a charge

Please, try your hardest to give me a reasonable explanation of why and how he made them look bad. I'm not saying they won't punish him based on that, given how Goodell and his minions have shown how they respond to these types of things. I'm saying any punishment would be outrageously unfair. And people should cry about it, because anybody who believes in fairness and doing the right thing should want Hardy immediately reinstated. 

Don't know. Don't really care that much. I emotionally moved on from Hardy long ago

You keep saying "he was found guilty, then he paid her off" yet you then say you don't know whether he paid her off and that the NC law which was why he was found guilty is irrelevant. Wouldn't expect anything else from you, my friend.

Hardy was franchised last year for roughly $13.5MM

Whatever deal he signs as a free agent will likely pay home in the $7MM-$9MM range his first year.

So if he does get suspended this next season it will come at a cost of roughly $400,000-$550,000 per game instead of a cost of $850,000 per game that it would have cost him this year.

Hardy's financial people know this and that is why it was smart for him to go on the Guantanamo Bay list and keep getting paid. Now he'll sign a deal at half the annual salary in year one, get suspended two games for $800,000 total and make out like a bandit.

The math isn't difficult to see why he did what he did.

You keep saying "he was found guilty, then he paid her off" yet you then say you don't know whether he paid her off and that the NC law which was why he was found guilty is irrelevant. Wouldn't expect anything else from you, my friend.

I say he was found guilty bc he was.

I say he appealed

I say he paid her off before round 2

And I say the quirky NC law that voids the first verdict technically speaking ....isn't something that makes it all go away for Hardy in terms of the NFL looking. He will be punished.

That is what I say.

Last thing I'll say before I go eat...

People confuse something. The fact he doesn't have a guilty verdict....doesn't mean punishment should be thrown out the window. That means he doesn't go to jail or face legal punishment. His job is a totally different ballgame.

Goodell needs to poo or get off the pot.

Want to punish Hardy?  Then name the punishment already.  2 games, 4 games, 6 games, 8 games,  etc.

Right now it just seems like they have nothing to really punish him for...........and that's what the investigation is about,  to try and find something to justify a punishment.                     I agree that the commish list is complete BS.   Is it still a "paid vacation" if the commish list extends into next season,  for Hardy........and no team touches him?

Double fuggin jeopardy. Jesus Christ it baffles me how they can't just dock Hardy money for games and be done with it.. The max punishment is 6 games, he sat out 13. What am I missing here people?!?

So a person shopslifts, spends two years in jail awaiting trial, the max punishment is one year, so the judge sentences him to one year and uses the excuse "yea but the two years you spent in prison was because you were awaiting trial." WTF kinda bs is the NFL doing?

You are completely missing the fact that he was PAID for all 13 games that he did not play last year.

So NO....he really has NOT been disciplined yet.

The NFL needs to get moving and suspend Greg for anywhere from 2-6 games and get this resolved.

Archived