• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Hartline and Chris Canty to be released

Mr Mojo Risin

I think it's very possible we could sign Hartline and I'd be thrilled. He has reliable hands and can get good separation I'll be shocked if Gettles doesn't at least inquire about him. Canty is on the down side of his career and has played mostly in 3-4s lately but he has also played in 4-3s earlier in his career we may not go after him but as a veteran coming off the bench he is not a bad option.

I have watched  a lot of Miami games over the last couple years, Hartline is good at comeback routes mostly and is horrible in the red zone.  Not a real deep threat either, which is what we really need.  Still would be a solid pickup if the price is right.

I feel bad for guys like decker and hartline, they have about 3-4 years to be decent before their lack of physical ability catch up to them. My advice for future prospects similar to them is to fatten up and be offensive linemen. Receiver position is a flashy position reserved for gifted athletes.

Archived