• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Iconic character - actor combinations

Mr. Scot

So the idea is being tossed around of rebooting the Indiana Jones movies.

(probably has a lot to do with the colossal Mongolian cluster %#$& that 'Crystal Skull' was)

Unfortunately, series star Harrison Ford is a little too old to kep doing this part, so the powers that be have suggested casting a new young actor to take over the role of the heroic archaeologist.

Namely, Guardians of the Galaxy's Chris Pratt.

I like Chris Pratt. I think he's great.

I hate the idea of him playing Indiana Jones with the fire of a thousand sons.

There are some characters that are just so completely, irrevocably tied to certain actors that recasting them is just a travesty. In my opinion, Indiana Jones - Harrison Ford is one of those connections.

Who else would you suggest so defined a certain role that no one else should try and play it?

Everyone can be replaced. Jared Leto for Heath Ledger.

And as millions of Marines and naval officers can attest Gunny can be replaced. Except with a woman. Only because I don't think anyone would believe how foul mouthed and cruel those female Drill Instructors are.

yeah there will be a new actor playing a young luke skywalker as well in the new starwars movie.

From the rumor I saw, a different actor will portray Luke in a short flashback scene, but Hamill will reprise his role as the current aged Skywalker in the new movies.

While not on topic Willis is one of the coolest guys in Hollywood. I met him during Tears of the Sun. He stopped to play softball with us on base. He was telling us how all of his contracts have an end of day time during shooting so the crew can rest and see their families.

Archived