• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Sign Michael Oher

Mr. Scot

I feel like we almost need some Bell and Chandler gameplay GIFs to remind people of how bad they were last year. Bell continually let his assignment through the line literally untouched. Like he would move out of the way, shuffle upfield and then look confused as to why there was no one around to block while Cam is getting tucking the ball and getting sacked. And chandler got steam rolled every other play. 

I think some have hit the nail on the head: this is at worst a bandaid that allows us flexibility in the line, free agency, and the draft. 

• Pie 5

So Voth is speculating we're planning on falling back on Oher if we don't find a T in the draft?  I thought we'd at least consider the Derek Newton/Barksdale/Parnell types.  Well I guess we'll see what plays out. 

Or insert him at left tackle while you're prepping a rookie to take over the job.

Or insert him at left tackle while you're prepping a rookie to take over the job.

I hope this is at most what happens unless Oher has a magical career turnaround. 

I know the interior is solid but we've got Remmers, Chandler, Foucault, and Oher on the roster right now at tackle.  Yikes.  

Nobody can honestly expect him to play as badly as he did last year. Injuries, better blocking scheme for his strengths...he'll be better than Byron Bell, significantly so. Not a Pro Bowler, but at least not an embarrassment like Bell.

And if you're going to come in here quoting PFF, keep in mind that you also must think that Kelvin Benjamin is trash and that Kuechly was grossly overrated and barely at a Pro Bowl level the year he won Defensive Player of the Year.

• Pie 2