• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Not Set At Wide Receiver

Jeremy Igo

You have to look at the big picture. The draft is loaded at WR, RB, CB (not elite, but solid players). The draft is not so loaded at TE, LT (most players have an asterisk), QB, LB, and S. Why spend in areas where we can find talent in the draft if we have a limited amount of $$?

Our money should be spent where we can't find good free agents. Just my opinion. I think Jaelen Strong, for example, is better than either of the players you mention and i think he would be cheaper.

If I was confident we would draft a WR I would feel better but I just have a feeling Gman is going to draft a DE or something like that in the draft

If I was confident we would draft a WR I would feel better but I just have a feeling Gman is going to draft a DE or something like that in the draft

I would feel less secure if Hurney were the GM.  I am betting that we draft a DE and a WR in the first 2 rounds.

The question is do we sign a free agent or draft a WR to be our #2 guy? The draft is supposed to be deep with WRs so I would feel fine with signing a Cecil Shorts or Micheal Crabtree and drafting a mid round WR to develop. I still feel Stephen Hill and recently signed Mike Brown could develop into something special.

Is it bad I think we should sign Nicks?

Not at all. For the right price he would be a solid player and upgrade over Cotchery. His problem is staying healthy.

FA hasn't even started yet and someone's bitching cause GMan hasn't brought in T Smith? Oh boy....

We won't get Torrey Smith. He will be the top WR in free agency and will get over paid.

Not at all. For the right price he would be a solid player and upgrade over Cotchery. His problem is staying healthy.

We won't get Torrey Smith. He will be the top WR in free agency and will get over paid.

Nicks stayed healthy for most of the year as a Colt right?  So, maybe he can keep that going?  How close was he to signing last year?  Will I ask another question?

I think we're in better position than we were last year. Definitely hope we bring someone in still.. But if you think about, Benjamin will improve, brown emerged at the end of the year, before we literally had no speed or deep threat, now we have two (sure not great but better than last year). And I think cotchery can be decent now that we have deep threats, not quick but good route runner and would be able to find some holes in the defense with the D having to account for the deep play..

I think we're in better position than we were last year. Definitely hope we bring someone in still.. But if you think about, Benjamin will improve, brown emerged at the end of the year, before they we literally had no speed or deep threat, now we have two (sure not great but better than last year). And I think cotchery can be decent now that we have deep threats, not quick but good route runner and would be able to find some holes in the defense with the D having to account for the deep play..

Let's just hope we bring in some more talented rookies or FA...so we don't depend on Cotchery, Brown, Bersin or Ginn for anything but 4th (mostly) maybe 3rd (sometime) receiving options. .

Archived