• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(Rumor) Panthers interested in Cecil Shorts

jamos14

Do not want.   He has never played a full season.  He is more of a #3 or #4 WR.   Imo....  We've a #3 and #4 WR already.... #3 = Cotch.  #4 = Philly/Ginn,  #5 = Bersin.         Need a solid #2 that can help take pressure off Benji... or that can take advantage of Benji drawing double and triple coverage  and get open and make plays.   I do not view Shorts as a player that can do either of those things.

Funny how every time a FA WR name is brought up, it seems like 75% of the Huddle is all, "Do not want."  "Too slow."  "Not what we need."  etc. 

If we bring in a guy like Shorts, it's not going to be on a contract with much guaranteed money.  A guy like him would be brought in to COMPETE.  It's like you guys forget that as it stands right now, Jerricho Cotchery is our #2 WR.  Jerricho fuging Cotchery.  There are numerous FA WRs out there who would likely be available for quite reasonable contracts who would be an instant upgrade over Cotchery.

why? to replace Corchery? Cecil has never surpassed 1000 yards receiving. Would much rather go for a #2 caliber WR in the draft or just stick with Cotch

I would too. He's who I think we will get not who I want necessarily. When I said my pick I meant it as my prediction. I honestly don't know enough to know which possible Free Agent would be better. I think the draft would be a nice fill in at #2.

Archived