• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If he's at 25, can Gettleman pass on DGB?

Rags

18 INT's in college vs the ACC and one SEC team=polished? f u c k, Case Keenum coming out of college was a damn monster then.

But his stats freshman year were: 40 TD - 10 INT's. Last year he was leaning on all freshman receivers besides green and oleary

How'd that work out? I'd rather trade our entire 1998 draft for Randy Moss....

This bullshit choir boy routine is old and a big part of why we haven't had back to back winning seasons...no doubt JR would rather have Bersin than Moss...and here we are 20 years later with no rings. Oh yea bring back Hardy too.

Um yeah I am not saying I agree with it. Just a reality.

How'd that work out? I'd rather trade our entire 1998 draft for Randy Moss....

This bullshit choir boy routine is old and a big part of why we haven't had back to back winning seasons...no doubt JR would rather have Bersin than Moss...and here we are 20 years later with no rings. Oh yea bring back Hardy too.

Randy Moss has the exact same number of Super Bowl rings as the Panthers. And the teams that did take him kept getting rid of him.

Remind me, how many games did Justin Blackmon help his team win last year?

How many games did Greg Hardy play in last year?

How many touchdowns did Ray Rice score last year?

How many games will Josh Gordon be playing in this year?

Players that are suspended don't help you win games.

But his stats freshman year were: 40 TD - 10 INT's. Last year he was leaning on all freshman receivers besides green and oleary

DUDE he was in the ACC and playing against one of the worst teams in the SEC.  You just gave a bunch of excuses.  I don't want to hear it.  O'Leary and Greene were if not the best TE-WR combo in the NCAA's last year.  I'm not sold on Winston, but thanks for taking up for the Bucs future QB.  That's real sweet of you.  

Randy Moss has the exact same number of Super Bowl rings as the Panthers. And the teams that did take him kept getting rid of him.

Cool story, sir.  Randy Moss came into the NFL and never got suspended.  Lawrence Taylor?  Ray Lewis?  I can go on and on.  When you have the right people around a player, that player can excel.  Dez Bryant is another instance.  Until that video leaks, which looks like it won't if it hasn't by now.  

Hardy is all pro ability and apparently gone from Carolina for throwing girl on his bed.

This guy has done nothing in the NFL and throwing them down stairs.

Figure it out

Hardy is a great example of why you don't throw huge money or spend high draft picks on guys with questionable judgement.

Hardy set us back big time last year. We're lucky it was only for one season's worth of top tier salary.

Hardy's not a terrible guy either. He just made a few bad decisions. But those decisions damn near wrecked our season last year.

Does it suck passing up on talented guys that may perhaps get it together and thrive elsewhere? Sure, but that's easier to swallow than the horseshit we went through last season.

Cool story, sir. Randy Moss came into the NFL and never got suspended. Lawrence Taylor? Ray Lewis? I can go on and on. When you have the right people around a player, that player can excel. Dez Bryant is another instance. Until that video leaks, which looks like it won't if it hasn't by now.

You have to use a caveat in your own example? Lol

Yea...for each of those I can name one or more as well....Ray Lewis and Big Ben right off the top and I'm not wasting my time looking up anything.

Especially since Hardy was rail roaded and IS innocent soo yea...and Rice had 0 incidents before this one so he's a one time offender...same with Peterson..both were considered model NFL players before last year.

Cool story, sir. Randy Moss came into the NFL and never got suspended. Lawrence Taylor? Ray Lewis? I can go on and on. When you have the right people around a player, that player can excel. Dez Bryant is another instance. Until that video leaks, which looks like it won't if it hasn't by now.

And yet teams kept dumping him.

Does it not raise a bit of a red flag in your mind when teams are so willing to part with someone that talented?

Part of the draft process is evaluating how much potential a kid has to do something stupid and get himself suspended. That's especially true of domestic violence incidents these days in the wake of the Ray Rice scandal.

The NFL is not going to be gentle to anybody that gets themselves into that situation now. Add in that they've shown that they're willing to use the exempt list even if a player's legal situation hasn't gone through due process.

There are plenty of kids who do stupid stuff in college or have an unfortunate incident. Those guys often show remorse and don't repeat their bad behavior. They may not be 'choir boys' but they aren't 'time bombs' either. Nobody has a problem drafting someone like that.

The trick is distinguishing those guys from the ones with either a true penchant for criminal behavior or a long-running pattern of terrible judgment.

Hardy will have to accept a performance based contract, and what I mean by that is penalties for bad behavior.

He might end up with 7-8 million per year if he is lucky, but his behavior could lose him most of that, which protects the team taking a chance on him.

And yet teams kept dumping him.

Does it not raise a bit of a red flag in your mind when teams are so willing to part with someone that talented?

Part of the draft process is evaluating how much potential a kid has to do something stupid and get himself suspended. That's especially true of domestic violence incidents these days in the wake of the Ray Rice scandal.

The NFL is not going to be gentle to anybody that gets themselves into that situation now. Add in that they've shown that they're willing to use the exempt list even if a player's legal situation hasn't gone through due process.

There are plenty of kids who do stupid stuff in college or have an unfortunate incident. Those guys often show remorse and don't repeat their bad behavior. They may not be 'choir boys' but they aren't 'time bombs' either. Nobody has a problem drafting someone like that.

The trick is distinguishing those guys from the ones with either a true penchant for criminal behavior or a long-running pattern of terrible judgment.

I get what you're saying, good sir.  But sometimes, the juice is worth the squeeze, if they can get you over that damn hump in the road.  Which I think DGB could.  Especially with our family atmosphere and locker room leaders not putting up with the bull poo.    

Archived