• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The reason Cam isn't in a hurry to sign a contract

GoobyPls

Of course, he's waiting to see what his peers get paid.  Who wouldn't?  This may bode well for the Panthers if Seattle 'gets creative' like they've been talking about and somehow gets Wilson to accept less money in order to field a competitive team.  Cam is the best to play QB for us, and I'd hate to see him go, but I think what this FA has taught everyone is that huge QB contracts end up fuging the team.

You are simply making things up to suit your opinion and it's obvious.

WHAT? name 5 other teams with a worst WR core. Ginn whose our second best receiver couldn't beat a rookie to play the slot., that speaks volumes to where are talent level is at.

Please show me where anyone has made that claim. I certainly haven't crowned his ass the best GM there is. Unlike the majority of you whiners I understand the situation he's in and his plan to turn it around. I also know that it's not going to turn around overnight. If Cam does leave so be it. I know, Franchise QB' don't grow on trees yada yada. Spare me the rants about Cam being this once in a lifetime irreplaceable QB.

With that said, Cam will be offered a contract befitting his value to the team. If it matches Cams value of himself then the team will have a pretty good QB for the next 5 years or so. If not, then we will be looking for his replacement. Until then,let it go.

Overnight? he's going into his 3rd season

Lets say Cam does leave, why the hell should Gettleman keep his job? And if you were Cam is there a reason to stay? I mean really what indications has a team given you they want to build around you.

Don't give me the cap excuse, if really wanted to win the upcoming season he can backload a contract to Crabtree or Johnson if they don't work out we cut them next season without effecting the cap the same way the niners did.

Lets say Cam does leave, why the hell should Gettleman keep his job? And if you were Cam is there a reason to stay? I mean really what indications has a team given you they want to build around you.

Don't give me the cap excuse, if really wanted to win the upcoming season he can backload a contract to Crabtree or Johnson if they don't work out we cut them next season without effecting the cap the same way the niners did.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you rode the short bus. Ignore my attempts to enlighten you on reality. Good luck with that.

WHAT? name 5 other teams with a worst WR core. Ginn whose our second best receiver couldn't beat a rookie to play the slot., that speaks volumes to where are talent level is at.

Texans, Browns, Seahawks, Kansas City, Oakland, Vikings, Rams, Ravens all have bad WR groups that are equal to lesser than ours.

To get a player to agree to a back loaded contract you have to give them a signing bonus.  That is exactly what causes dead money when you cut a player early.

Also the Niners didn't cut Crabtree, his contract expired.  That is the reason he is not affecting their cap.

Archived