• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The reason Cam isn't in a hurry to sign a contract

GoobyPls

Overnight? he's going into his 3rd season

Lets say Cam does leave, why the hell should Gettleman keep his job? And if you were Cam is there a reason to stay? I mean really what indications has a team given you they want to build around you.

Don't give me the cap excuse, if really wanted to win the upcoming season he can backload a contract to Crabtree or Johnson if they don't work out we cut them next season without effecting the cap the same way the niners did.

Cam loves the EpiCenter. He will not leave CLT as long as the EpiCenter remains the most awesome place in America.

Texans, Browns, Seahawks, Kansas City, Oakland, Vikings, Rams, Ravens all have bad WR groups that are equal to lesser than ours.

Texans no, KC no, Vikings no ( we're making threads about Patterson LMAO), Rams no

The leaves the raiders who are in complete rebuilding mode, the Seahawks who have the best running game and better line, and the Ravens who are bound to do something sooner or later like they always do, cause that's what SB winnings teams do they build through the draft and free agency

Hopefully I'm dead wrong and he signs tomorrow

Everyone read about Cam wanting to wait until Wilson and Luck to set the market but personally I think Cam and his agent aren't gonna sign until we actually try surrounding him with talent. You think Cam isn't noticing how every other team at least tries to surround there young franchise QB with talent.

People in here seem to be more worried about 2 or 3 years into the future than actually winning next season, Cam might not want to be for the future if we keep low balling him. Same goes with Rivera, on paper we have one of the least talented teams in the league and we expect to make the playoff year and year out with a bunch of bargain FA and mid and late round draft picks?

Surely Cam is noticing how the Browns, Vikings, Titans, Raiders, and 49ers are just killing it by surrounding their young QBs with talent...

To get a player to agree to a back loaded contract you have to give them a signing bonus.  That is exactly what causes dead money when you cut a player early.

Also the Niners didn't cut Crabtree, his contract expired.  That is the reason he is not affecting their cap.

I was talking about Johnson who they cut before they were hit with the cap. And lets be honest here none of those guys are going to get huge contracts, people are acting as if we have to break the bank to sign one of these guys. You guys keep saying we're gonna have so much money next off season why not gamble on a guy like Crabtree or Johnson?

Hopefully I'm dead wrong and he signs tomorrow

Everyone read about Cam wanting to wait until Wilson and Luck to set the market but personally I think Cam and his agent aren't gonna sign until we actually try surrounding him with talent. You think Cam isn't noticing how every other team at least tries to surround there young franchise QB with talent.

People in here seem to be more worried about 2 or 3 years into the future than actually winning next season, Cam might not want to be for the future if we keep low balling him. Same goes with Rivera, on paper we have one of the least talented teams in the league and we expect to make the playoff year and year out with a bunch of bargain FA and mid and late round draft picks?

Stahp.

Surely Cam is noticing how the Browns, Vikings, Titans, Raiders, and 49ers are just killing it by surrounding their young QBs with talent...

I'm confused, your comparing Cam whose going to his 5th year to a bunch of guys going into there sophomore years. If anything you just highlighted my point Cam's situation is so bad he's being compared to a bunch of rebuilding teams

Notice how you don't bring up Luck or Wilson

You've mentioned this before, but I will note it again, we have not had a 1,000 yard rusher since 2009.

Olsen, and KB are damn good, but we really need Cotchery to step up this season.

If cotchery even plays slot this offseason was a loss. Fug that noise.

Im happy with veteran leadership qualities and ST's but not offense

Archived