• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd Gurley to visit with the Panthers

TylerVagyler

Neither McCoy or Murray went in the first round. And both Spiller and Ingram weren't worth their first round billing, both have also been out produced by guys drafted in lower rounds.

I think for now we are ok at the rb position.

You can't talk about draft position with veteran players.  Draft position ceases to matter after a season or two.  At that point, the player is judged based on what he's done in the NFL.  I agree that Spiller and Ingram proved to be unworthy of their 1st round draft positions, but they still proved to be valuable commodities in free agency.  If you're gonna knock Spiller and Ingram for being 1st round picks, you have to admit that both McCoy and Murray would've been 1st rounders if those drafts were re-done today.

We're okay for right now at the RB position, but are we still okay if Stewart gets hurt again?  You're comfortable with Fozzy being the bell cow?  What about next year at this time if (more likely when) Stewart is released?

I like Stewart. I do. He's an excetionally talented back.... but his stock is high and now would be an excellent time to trade him and use a couple of picks on a RB in a deep draft class.

I'm not saying I'm endorsing it... But I am throwing it out there to gauge interest and as something to ponder. Would you do it? There's never going to be a better time than now, and it comes with a number of upsides.

Just seeing what the populace thinks.

I like Stewart. I do. He's an excetionally talented back.... but his stock is high and now would be an excellent time to trade him and use a couple of picks on a RB in a deep draft class.

I'm not saying I'm endorsing it... But I am throwing it out there to gauge interest and as something to ponder. Would you do it? There's never going to be a better time than now, and it comes with a number of upsides.

Just seeing what the populace thinks.

He contract stinks and he has injury history. We wouldn't get anything note worthy.

The more I think about it, the more Gurley could make sense for us. Again, I preface this by saying probably not in the 1st round. But, with our running based offense...imagine if Stewart gets hurt again in training camp. Fozzy is the starter. While promising last year, our offense would more than likely be a train wreck (more so than usual).

Draft Gurley, roll with Stew/Gurly/Tolbert, Cam, Olsen, KB, and another drafted WR....it at least sounds decent on paper. Especially if Gurley returns to form of the Top 5 RB he seemed destined to be before the knee injury. And not to mention we'll need a proven beast for this offense when Stewart gets cut (it's happening because of the cap hit).  

My God, I'm talking myself into a RB. Somebody stop me. 

He contract stinks and he has injury history. We wouldn't get anything note worthy.

this is not your pappy's NFL and the sooner this board realizes it the sooner we can have more intriguing NFL discussions in this vein.

The more I think about it, the more Gurley could make sense for us. Again, I preface this by saying probably not in the 1st round. But, with our running based offense...imagine if Stewart gets hurt again in training camp. Fozzy is the starter. While promising last year, our offense would more than likely be a train wreck (more so than usual).

Draft Gurley, roll with Stew/Gurly/Tolbert, Cam, Olsen, KB, and another drafted WR....it at least sounds decent on paper. Especially if Gurley returns to form of the Top 5 RB he seemed destined to be before the knee injury. And not to mention we'll need a proven beast for this offense when Stewart gets cut (it's happening because of the cap hit).  

My God, I'm talking myself into a RB. Somebody stop me. 

: Slap slap slap slap slaps slap slaps slap slaps slaps :

Not sure if you're being sarcastic toward me or agree with what I said haha

He fancies himself as some kind of NFL renaissance man.

I don't care what era of the NFL you're talking about, 28 year old RBs with a long injury history and an ugly contract don't have much trade value.

The reality of the situation is that due to injury restraints, Stewart has only one 1000 yard season in his 7 season NFL career and in the past three seasons, he has only played in 28 of a possibly 48 games.  In the past 5 years combined, he has a total of 10 rushing TDs.  This after having 10 rushing TDs in each of his first two NFL seasons.

I like Stewart, but he isn't worth a ham sandwich on the trade market.

Archived