• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Goodson vs. Jonathan Stewart

top dawg

Could we be seeing a changing of the guard and not even know it? Goodson looks really impressive. He is probably the most pleasant surprise that we have this pre-season. I just want to know if he can really take it to the house on any given play with the explosiveness that Stewart can. If Stewart didn't have the durability questions surrounding him, would he be the decided superior back? Is Goodson even that good. He sure looked good vs. the might Raven defense.

Is Goodson worth more carries at Stewart's expense, or is he just the flavor of the pre-season (destined to fall off the radar with the impending return of the talented, but seemingly injury prone, Stewart?

No one expected this much, this quickly from a fourth round pick, but frankly he is our 3rd best running back, and its not even close. Jonathan Stewart has speed(though not as much as Goodson obviously), but more importantly, a tremendous amount of power when he runs behind his pads. Goodson will most likely just be subbed in the game to run screens(and it will be horribly predictable, and will probably be shut down in the regular season).

Note: The Giants 3 headed rushing attack was more like a EARTH, WIND, and a little bit of smoke. Bradshaw barely saw the field last year, and it was only when Ward was ineffective. I don't really expect us to balance the 3 runningbacks well at all, will probably be a two headed monster with the third popping up for 1-2 plays a game to try to generate a spark(aka a screen to Goodson) for the offense.

offensively he is what is going to put us over the top. he won't be used often, imo, but when he is big things will happen.

of course he could be used pretty heavily throughout the game...just rotate out the three.

defenses are going to get pretty worn out dealing with these three.

fox will go with the hot hand and all three will be given shots. williams first, stewart second, and goodson third. whoever gets the best results will see the most carries.

i don't see this as pushing one guy out. it's more that the team that ran it super effectively down everyone's throats last year is going to run it even more.

last year the ravens ran the ball 592 times i think. i would like to see us hit 600 next year. with these three we could do some real damage.

One thing I saw that they did with Goodson is lining him up to the outside at receiver. I could see something like Reggie Bush with the Saint's. Kind of a utility player, who can possibly bring a spark from Running Back to Wide Receiver to Kick/Punt Returner.

Archived