• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in Landon Collins

Kuech the Sneak

Another overrated Bama safety. God I pray Landon is off the board

Ha Ha Clinton Dix was very good for the Pack last year. And Collins was better in the SEC than Dix. Lester has done decent work for us as an UDFA as well.

I'm OK with Bama safeties. But Bama corners? RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

mehhhhhhhhh

The panthers are not too high on the D prospects this year. Well besides a couple corners. I really don't see a D prospect we'd be picking at 25.

If a hog mollie like Malcolm Brown or a pass rusher like Bud Dupree dropped, DG would be on those guys like stink on poo.

If a hog mollie like Malcolm Brown or a pass rusher like Bud Dupree dropped, DG would be on those guys like stink on poo.

Well those would be pretty decent drops. I mean they absolutely love Fowler. I'm talking not top 15 guys but those that will be around in the 20's...there really isnt a D player worth a #1

The majority of games we lost was cause we got torched by the pass. That include the playoff game

That may be true but that doesn't mean our run defense was any good. The defense as a whole took a step back. We saw an improvement at the end of the season but overall it was a step back.

Ha Ha Clinton Dix was very good for the Pack last year. And Collins was better in the SEC than Dix. Lester has done decent work for us as an UDFA as well.

I'm OK with Bama safeties. But Bama corners? RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Collins is a VERY different type of safety than Dix.....Dix is much better in coverage.

Collins reminds me A LOT of Mark Barron.  And Barron has been a big disapointment.

That may be true but that doesn't mean our run defense was any good. The defense as a whole took a step back. We saw an improvement at the end of the season but overall it was a step back.

Going by statistics we shouldn't even draft defense with the first pick

i do not understand why some of y'all believe he is a liability in coverage. he is not. 

another Bama prospect that has been playing good ball lately was Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, for the bengals. came on towards the end of the last season.

Pretty much comes from the Ole Miss game, which raised lots of question marks on his coverage ability. Looked suspect at time in the Iron Bowl too. 

Personally, I like him as a SS only who could cover in certain spots but you pretty much want him to be an aggressive in the box kinda guy, which is perfectly fine IMO, with complimentary FS behind him.