• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FOX's Peter Schrager: "I expect Carolina to take a WR in the 1st R"

gettlemanjack

his latest mock (Mar 17) has us taking 6-2/212 WR Breshad Perriman of AAC Co-Champs UCF (who didn't work out at Combine due to hamstring, but his Pro Day is tomorrow), writing:

"Carolina went with a wide receiver in the first round a year ago, and I expect a repeat. Though offensive line remains a glaring issue, Perriman is the type of selection who can further elevate quarterback Cam Newton's game. A 6-2, 215-pound specimen, he's a wild-card prospect who has some scouts' mouths watering and others calling him a project. He didn't compete at the Combine, even further making his first-round grade a difficult one to cement. Perriman isn't a household name, but I like the fit for Carolina."

his 1st R WRs:

#4 Kevin White - "has all the tools"

#10 Amari Cooper - "a rare talent"

#11 DeVante Parker - "can end up jumping even Amari Cooper"

#12 Jaelen Strong - "has a lot of upside"

#25 Breshad Perriman

#31 Dorial Green-Beckham - "no questions as to whether he can play the game"

#32 Nelson Agholor - "best player available...Agholor at 32nd overall would be quite a haul"

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-mock-draft-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota-leonard-williams-kevin-white-amari-cooper-031715

UPDATE: and now, in his April 13 Mock, he has us taking an OT

If the top 4 WRs go in the first 12 picks, I'd prefer to look elsewhere at #25.

IMO, those top 4 WRs are about as close to sure things as you're going to find in the draft, but after that there's a pretty steep drop off but a lot of depth.  I'm not convinced there's a big difference between the #5 WR and the #10 WR.

If the top 4 WRs go in the first 12 picks, I'd prefer to look elsewhere at #25.

IMO, those top 4 WRs are about as close to sure things as you're going to find in the draft, but after that there's a pretty steep drop off but a lot of depth.  I'm not convinced there's a big difference between the #5 WR and the #10 WR.

This is why I won't be shocked if we go defense in round one. The top 4 WRs are likely gone, and there will be a run of OL before our pick because everyone always needs OL. Gettleman won't reach for offense just because we struggled there.

Archived