• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis will get an extension, plus more not mentioned in tweets

Nick_81

Saying that he expects Oher to be the starter doesn't necessarily mean he thinks Oher is the answer at left tackle. Unless the question is, who are we going to give a shot to prove himself. We could pickup someone in the draft as insurance, or even to groom in case Oher doesn't show us much more than Bell did.

I wouldn't expect him to say Oher is a temp replacement until we find our real lt, even if he is thinking it.

I wouldn't expect him to say that either. I was hoping for something along the lines of a "competition" and a "we are still looking to add a couple guys" it sounds like he's handing him the job and that does make me worry a bit.

Nicolas-Cage-Trying-to-hold-in-laughter.

Thomas96 is right. Hardy as a player is better. Commanded more double teams and goes up against the better Oline player all game long and STILL did better than CJ.

Maybe the trend will continue, maybe not, but if you watched all of 2013 season, Hardy is the better player, period.

Hardy was never better than CJ.

CJ is the one who was always double teamed, which helped Hardy even more. CJ also played '13 with a bum knee after that Patriot chop blocked him. Not to mention that nearly half of Hardy's 2013 stats came against the worst LT in football while playing week 17 against a terrible 4-12 team.

Those stat stuffing games against ATL's terrible OL really raised the hype and myth around Hardy.

But this year will be different. Hardy doesn't have CJ in Dallas to take on double teams and leave him with 1 on 1 coverage. He's going to be the one getting double teamed.

Do you even watch Panther games? You sound retarded. Also, CJ got destroyed last year for 80% of the year and didn't do poo. Why? Uh, no Hardy. 1 on 1 and double teams shut down CJ easy.

CJ got better after the star injury settled; when Ealy started coming in and KK got more snaps and also started breaking out. CJ is not better than Hardy in any category.

CJ is an elite 4-3 DE. He's a much, much better player than Greg Hardy. He's arguably the most underrated player in the entire NFL. He's a complete player, he can stop the run and get after the QB. Not many DE are complete players. He's our DL anchor and one of the biggest leaders on the team. His motor never quits and he's very durable.

Besides, you do know that CJ isn't even 2 years older than Greg Hardy. Right? And he's only 18 months older than Josh Norman.

He's underrated? Are you fugs mental? Did we forget this fug is making 20 mill this season and he had a whopping 8 sacks last year? Can you say casual? He's solid but to say he's underrated you borderline look like a retard.

I thought Thomas Davis was not a UFA until 2019.

He would turn 36 if that were the case. Why an extension? Maybe I am wrong.

As for Charles Johnson he is near the end of his time with the Panthers. DEs in a 4-3 get a lot of wear and tear and once you hit 30 it is time to take a reserve role or move to LB in a 3-4 to lengthen your career if that is possible. It would not shock me if we land one or two DEs in the draft and make Johnson a post June 1st cut saving the Panthers 10 million against the cap this year.

He's 28 and still playing at a high level. Huge part of our D the past 2 years, along with TD defines Keep Pounding and DEs are not easy to replace.

He's 28 and made what?  13 million dollars, playing at a high level?  He had 8 sacks last year, boss.  DE's are not easy to replace, granted.  But to say the son of a bitch is playing at a high level is completely out of bounds.  Not to mention, if we keep kicking the can down the road (his contract) we'll be hurting like the Saints eventually.  

I thought Thomas Davis was not a UFA until 2019.

He would turn 36 if that were the case. Why an extension? Maybe I am wrong.

As for Charles Johnson he is near the end of his time with the Panthers. DEs in a 4-3 get a lot of wear and tear and once you hit 30 it is time to take a reserve role or move to LB in a 3-4 to lengthen your career if that is possible. It would not shock me if we land one or two DEs in the draft and make Johnson a post June 1st cut saving the Panthers 10 million against the cap this year.

The last 3 years on his contract look to be voidable years.

For all practicable purposes 2015 is the last year of his contract.

He's underrated? Are you fugs mental? Did we forget this fug is making 20 mill this season and he had a whopping 8 sacks last year? Can you say casual? He's solid but to say he's underrated you borderline look like a retard.

So... injured players should still rack up 15 sacks per season?  Got it.

TD has slowed down with age, but he's the kind of LB who should retire with your team. He's admitted his legs and not what they once were, but he has less wear and tear on his upper body due to the seasons he missed. If Sam Mills deserved a statue, then TD should have three.

I don't think he has slowed down at all.

Archived