• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I am on Bre shad Perriman's bandwagon

top dawg

I think i'd rather have Strong and his 42 inch vertical. That's just insane.

You can have the highest vertical, if there is no body control then the vertical is useless like sideline jumps landing two feet in bounds.

Well, I dare say that it needs its own thread. Unless someone surprises us, he will likely be in play when we go on the clock. Moreover, his pro day may have implications for us as far as other receivers, like Jaelen Strong, being in play even if Perriman isn't.

What a stupid and immature response.

Keep laying it out there, Dawg.  I appreciate your effort and respect your eye.  I may not always agree, but that does not mean you are wrong. 

If this guy becomes a mini Megatron, people who criticized will disappear and start griping about other stuff. 

all WRs come out needing help with route running. but here is something to make you think, this guy is not as bad at getting separation when running routes.

post-2367-0-21632200-1427334908_thumb.pn

Perriman is lined up at the top of the screen, on the outside, off the ball. NC State appears to be in a 2 high safety, man coverage underneath by the Cornerbacks. judging from where the CB is lined up on Perriman, it seems this is man coverage with him taking away the inside routes.

post-2367-0-80619500-1427335116_thumb.pn

coming off the ball, Perriman knows he has to beat the CB to the inside for his route. he stems his route with a quick release outside, to make the CB open up his hips as though he is running a more vertical route. the CB slow plays him, but does open up when Perriman gets into his small cushion.

post-2367-0-46796900-1427335254_thumb.pn

Perriman now has the CB behind him, and the only way he can make a play on the ball, is by running through Perriman. being 6'2 215, there is no way in hell that CB is going to be able to do this. Perriman does make himself available for the pass, and catches it for a 1st down.would like him to ****** the ball out the air with his hands, but Michael Irvin talks about protecting yourself when you are a WR, when going across the middle. his dad played with Irvin, so he was probably taught the same thing.

You can have the highest vertical, if there is no body control then the vertical is useless like sideline jumps landing two feet in bounds.

Does Strong struggle with that?

Strong has excellent body control and adjustment to the ball.

Even the slightest bit of research disproves a Stephen Hill comparison. Why don't you try comparing their college stats at the very least?

Yards Per Catch, Last Year in School

29.29 - Stephen Hill (#1 in NCAA)

28.21 - Devin Smith (#1 in NCAA)

24.19 - Phillip Dorsett (#2 in NCAA)

21.79 - Sammie Coates (#4 in NCAA)

20.88 - Perriman (#6 NCAA)

Hill is also like Perriman in that Hill was projected 1st-early 2nd R just like Perriman, and ended up going in the 11th pick of the 2nd Round...the 6th WR taken after:

Justin Blackmon (#5 overall)

Michael Floyd (#13 overall)

Kendall Wright (#20 overall)

A. J. Jenkins (#30 overall)

Brian Quick (#33 overall)

Hill is taller (6-4) with a better vertical (39 1/2) and ran a 4.36 at the Combine. He's more like Jaelen Strong in that regard

per his NFL.com scouting report, Hill sounds like Perriman in that Hill "dropped as many big balls as he made big plays" and is "a player who is capable of making flash plays but isn't reliable" and that Hill "could be the sleeper of this year's draft."

Hill sounds a lot like Devin Smith, etc in that:

"Hill's value is based purely off his ability as a deep threat. ... his speed makes him a serious deep-threat option in the NFL...he ran a very basic route tree at Georgia Tech, and teams won't be able to utilize him for much more than go routes at this point in his career...Though it's risky to throw early comparisons of Hall-of-Fame-caliber players...Hill could remind some of Randy Moss when it comes to running a pure, one-on-one deep route."

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/stephen-hill?id=2533537

Archived