• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB

gettlemanjack

Has anyone figured out how anyone can expect any QB to be fundamentally sound when he has been running for his life most of his career?

I think it wise to provide him with a NFL caliber offensive line for at least a full season before nitpicking his technique.

"Here Cam I want you to stand in the pocket and develop your passing skills with Byron Bell protecting your blindside along with Amini. Oh and also with Nate Chandler trying to keep guys out of your face"

Rivera should really stfu about Cam. It's not like he is a great personnel decision maker. He doesn't have room to talk.

it's been a problem his entire career. Better OT's might help but he still has work to do.

Indeed. I can't think of a single person who has claimed that he DOESN'T have work to do (though the "y'all think Cam is perfect" strawman is played constantly).

All I'm saying with regard to Rivera is PHYSICIAN HEAL THYSELF.

And when it comes to being critical of his players in public he may consider "And why behold the speck that is in your brothers eye, but consider not the log that is in your own?"

The people who continuously make every excuse for Cam sound JUST LIKE the Atlanta fans who made every excuse for Vick (about how he had no WR's).....then they get rid of Vick and bring in Ryan and he has stellar seasons WITH THE SAME WR's.

I agree that the Panthers need to upgrade the OL and bring in more speed at WR.

But, Cam did have an All Pro LT for all but last season....and he did have multple top tier RB's....and he did have Smitth.

So, to say he had no OL and weapons his entire career is jus that.....an excuse for every flaw that he needs to work on.

This coach and staff speaks VERY HIGHLY of Cam and definitely views him as a franchise QB and the future of the Panthers.  But, they are smart enough to see that Cam has many things to work on and improve for him to become elite....which is something that many in here are NOT smart enough to see.

LOL you're funny.

That "elephant" gets acknowledged every goddam minute of every goddam day in this zoo.

But, by all means, lets keep saying that "elephant" doesn't get any attention in this room!

He gets criticism outside of the huddle that is true. But here every comment is vehemently attacked by all of his fan boys like you. If people could acknowledge what I am sure he would be the first to admit, then there wouldn't be this back and forth so much.

Has anyone figured out how anyone can expect any QB to be fundamentally sound when he has been running for his life most of his career?

I think it wise to provide him with a NFL caliber offensive line for at least a full season before nitpicking his technique.

That seem so simple but I guess you're saying Cam is perfect. .

That might float if he didn't have a pretty good Oline in 2013 and he was still inconsistent. No one denies that the Oline doesn't need upgrading but this wasn't just a 2014 issue but something that has been an issue for his whole career. He would be the first to admit that what Rivera said was true. Why blame all the issues on 2014. If this was a 1 year issue I doubt Rivera would have made an issue of it.

The people who continuously make every excuse for Cam sound JUST LIKE the Atlanta fans who made every excuse for Vick (about how he had no WR's).....then they get rid of Vick and bring in Ryan and he has stellar seasons WITH THE SAME WR's.

I agree that the Panthers need to upgrade the OL and bring in more speed at WR.

But, Cam did have an All Pro LT for all but last season....and he did have multple top tier RB's....and he did have Smitth.

So, to say he had no OL and weapons his entire career is jus that.....an excuse for every flaw that he needs to work on.

This coach and staff speaks VERY HIGHLY of Cam and definitely views him as a franchise QB and the future of the Panthers. But, they are smart enough to see that Cam has many things to work on and improve for him to become elite....which is something that many in here are NOT smart enough to see.

Here we go again. . Cam needs to get better while admitting he hasn't had a lot of help..

It's not excuses if the Oline sucks, the Wr corp is pathetic after KB and the RB'S are injuried. .

Those are called facts..

That might float if he didn't have a pretty good Oline in 2013 and he was still inconsistent. No one denies that the Oline doesn't need upgrading but this wasn't just a 2014 issue but something that has been an issue for his whole career. He would be the first to admit that what Rivera said was true. Why blame all the issues on 2014. If this was a 1 year issue I doubt Rivera would have made an issue of it.

2013 was good at left tackle and center. The rest well below average. Overall that line was far from good.

Here we go again. . Cam needs to get better while admitting he hasn't had a lot of help..

It's not excuses if the Oline sucks, the Wr corp is pathetic after KB and the RB'S are injuried. .

Those are called facts..

Nothing you post is ever anywhere near facts.

I said that he is a franchise QB....I said that he is the future of the Panthers.

Only difference is that some can say there are things that Cam needs to improve on to take his game to the next level....and then there are people like YOU.  Too stubborn or dense to see it.

2013 was his best QB rating, comp%, TD to int ratio. He also threw for more TD that year and had the best 3rd down rating in the league. . You know he did make the pro bowl as well..

So what was he bad at again?

You might want to check other QB 3rd season and compare before posting again. .

Archived