• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it came down to Peat or Perriman....

MedellinHeel

most draft media guys had Perriman as a 1st rounder before the combine. Mayock did, and Kiper had him going to the 49ers at 15 in mid february. people who do research on the draft, been knew about Perriman. he is a late 1st-2nd round guy in my eyes. Brandt, Consell, Lance Z all like his ability to be a good WR, and think he should come off the board in the late 1st. 

No one should be shocked if he comes off the board in the middle of the 1st round. 

most draft media guys had Perriman as a 1st rounder before the combine. Mayock did, and Kiper had him going to the 49ers at 15 in mid february. people who do research on the draft, been knew about Perriman. he is a late 1st-2nd round guy in my eyes. Brandt, Consell, Lance Z all like his ability to be a good WR, and think he should come off the board in the late 1st. 

Exactly.

Unfortunately, part of his potential is being blacklisted from games due to acting like a monkeys ass.

That would be the only reason we'd pass him by.  A suspended player does you little good.

Knowing our history I already know we won't pick him, even if he's there in the second round

I could ask the same question for those that prefer Strong: Why was he getting so much hype post-combine? Because he ran fast for a guy his size and jumped really high. If you actually go and watch this kid play, he doesn't play to his timed speed and he's stiff as hell in and out of his breaks. I liked Strong and he was my preference for the majority of this process, but props to FreeFua for really opening my eyes about him. Go and watch him play. Corners are on his hip like glue almost every time he makes a catch. He rarely gets separation. Rarely cleanly beats his man. Almost always catches back shoulder throws because ASU knew that timing route was the only consistent way for Strong to beat his man. Okay... so Strong has superior hands to Perriman. Fair. But he also is going to have an NFL DB attached to his hips everywhere he goes to knock those passes away. Every Kelvin catch for the most part is contested. The same will be true with Strong. I'd rather have Perriman who can actually get space on athletic ability alone. The route running improvements will come with coaching. Give me the guy that can beat his man over the top and run away from the field in the NFL. Literally all the brightest and best minds on prospects and the draft, Mayock, Brandt, Cossell etc. all agree Breshad Perriman's "dropsies" and route running problems are overblown and they all rave about his natural ability. Perriman is Julio Jones lite. Carolina has never had a 6'3 215lb freak at the receiver position that has produced in college and got better every year. Before just joining in on the popular opinion about his hands go watch him and I bet you change your mind.

Put me in that number as well. I still like Strong, but not as strong.  But if Gettleman picks him over Perriman or any other player, I will accept him with open arms.  Unlike some of these bozos, I have literally had my eye on Strong for at least a year and a half. I even mentioned him in this thread  way back in 2013.  I have watched video and read his story a long time ago.  I like him.  I do think that he's a little stiff, is not as physical as his stature would suggest, and plays a lot slower than his 40. He is a very efficient WR, but less fluid receiver in my opinion, and that's why I would go with the naturally stronger, smoother, explosive Perriman, whose upside is higher in my estimation.

I must admit that I didn't even have Perriman on my first or second round radar until hipped to his meteoric rise by J.Jones, but after researching him, particularly that he improved as his senior season progressed (one of the reasons that Gettleman expressed that he used in determining KB to be his pick), I became very intrigued.  Someone was trying to intimate that Perriman appeared explosive because of playing in C-USA, so I said that I'd wait to see what he did at his pro day before making up my mind to go with Perriman over Strong. Of course he was obviously as explosive as I saw on the tape, and his streak of displaying good hands continued.  I mean, why wouldn't I change my mind?

That being said, if Strong is the pick, then great.  i think that he's a little close to the same type of receiver that Benjamin is in his movements and ability to separate (and actually think that KB is more fluid), but I am just a fan. The professionals get paid money to scout.  

Cyrus Kouandjio, ring a bell?

Please don't play THAT pipe. :lol:

He fell alittle on draft day. That happens to prospects every single draft.

Claiming a third round guy is going to go in the first then fighting with people ridiculously hard on it is completely different and highlights your extreme lack of knowledge on pretty much everything to do with player evaluations.

You bring the term "categorically wrong" to a new level.

Archived