• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear NC - PLEASE pass this law!

Johnny Rockets

First, I am a Yankee transplant from NJ and I love it here in NC. I am not one of those Yankees that came down here wanting things to change because "That's the way we did it up North" but with that being said....the fact that there is nothing done about people driving slow in the left lane has always been maddening to me!!!

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/north-carolina/2015/04/01/new-nc-bill-would-hit-slowpoke-drivers-with-200-fine/70807226/

A new bill making its way through the North Carolina Senate would encourage those slow drivers to speed up, or move over.

The bill, sponsored by Senator Jeff Tarte, would fine drivers $200 for driving under the speed limit in the left hand lane.

I almost never see people go under the speed limit in the left lane. 

There are, however, people who only go 5 mph over in the left lane, but I don't think the cops are going to be pulling them over anytime soon.

I just hope that if they pass it, they also enforce it if for no other reason than to get public awareness of it. Also, put up some signs that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right".

Maybe then I won't have to pass people on the right and then immediately cut them off as I dart back into the left lane 6 inches from their front bumper as much. 

I almost never see people go under the speed limit in the left lane. 

There are, however, people who only go 5 mph over in the left lane, but I don't think the cops are going to be pulling them over anytime soon.

That means that you are one of them and just don't realize it.  :)

I drive route 49 from Mt. Pleasant into Charlotte each day and it is a daily occurrence. 

Archived