• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers dine with Shaq Thompson

jdpanther5

On a completely unrelated to Panthers note, I think Danny Shelton is going to be an absolute monster.  I think he's going to be better than Leonard Williams.  Doesn't have anything to do with his proday or anything, didn't watch it, but whoever is getting him is getting my favorite DT prospect since Star and beyond that only Suh.

when we draft him in the second round don't say I didn't tell you so

I'd be a little surprised to see him be there at 57 but I would be more than happy with the pick if he was. Saints at 31 is a spot I could see him go

No way he's still there.

Why do you think this?

I'd be a little surprised to see him be there at 57 but I would be more than happy with the pick if he was. Saints at 31 is a spot I could see him go

first off: someone always, always falls that people don't think is going to- for relevant examples see Star and to a lesser extent Kony Ealy and KK. Secondly, I read somewhere (to be honest I can't remember where but I trusted the source) that said regarding Shaq- that the media and fans like him a lot more than teams do, and that teams don't consider him a first round pick albeit a very good player. 

stranger things have happened. 

first off: someone always, always falls that people don't think is going to- for relevant examples see Star and to a lesser extent Kony Ealy and KK. Secondly, I read somewhere (to be honest I can't remember where but I trusted the source) that said regarding Shaq- that the media and fans like him a lot more than teams do, and that teams don't consider him a first round pick albeit a very good player.

I could see that. I'm not super high on him and definitely don't want him in the 1st but I'd take him in the 2nd.

I could see him falling into the 2nd for sure (though I don't anticipate it happening, I wouldn't be surprised) but I really don't see any way he falls all the way to the 57th pick. Vikings would take him in the 2nd. I even see them taking him in the 1st. I'd be ecstatic if he fell to our pick in the 2nd and we got him there. Would be absolutely huge. Just don't see it happening. I'd be happy with the pick in the 1st, unless Landon Collins is there.

a couple days ago, Mel Kiper named Shaq to his list of 10 safest picks in 2015 NFL draft, writing: "even a conservative estimate of his potential would make him a very good weak-side defender" and compared him to Lavonte David. He says Shaq will be gone in the Top 40 (so by at least the 8th pick into the 2nd R). Shaq was the only LB or S to make the list

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/12586255/leonard-williams-10-safest-picks-2015-nfl-draft

Archived