• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy's Panthers workout "went very well"

jdpanther5

Tough call in the second round, would be a steal in the 3rd. Hate to miss the chance on him.

Catching the ball is all that matters. Considering the speed Cam throws get up to, and sometimes how wild they can be, having a reliable Welker or Smitty type receiver is imperative.

Short and slow. Dude ran a 4.52 40. We need more speed.

He is 6 ft which isn't short. 40 time is overrated and I believe his pro day he ran 4.40. We don't have to have a super fast receiver and plenty of top WR have 4.5+ speed. If you can run good routes you don't have to have elite speed. Look at Antonio Brown who was overlooked because of dumb reasons like size and speed.

All you need to know is Hardy can run routes, catch, block and has good work ethic. I will take that over a WR with just speed any day.

I watched a handful of ECU games this year, and this dude just makes plays. He has excellent hands, and just "gets it" at being a receiver. He made some "Odell" catches.

Some guys have all the measurables and look great but just don't have that knack and feel for the position.

Hardy might have average measurables, but the kids intangibles are through the roof.

I don't remember who posted it, but there were scouts watching the position drills and Hardy stole the show in his group at the combine; a group that just so happened to have Amari Cooper in it. They said Hardy destroyed the drills and showed out.

The awesome thing is, the dude tested well, and he produced in college.

I would be all in if we got him. 

All you Hardy lovers need to stfu about that stupid receptions record which means nothing and learn wtf the three cone drill tests and how he did in it. Dude is not fast and will never beat NFL CBs on post or 9 routes. His three cone drill is what makes him special. He had nearly the best time ever in that test which is what best translates into the ability to get separation and none of you ever even mention it. You could talk me into picking him in the 2nd with that in conjunction with his hands yet no one ever brings it up.

All you Hardy lovers need to stfu about that stupid receptions record which means nothing and learn wtf the three cone drill tests and how he did in it. Dude is not fast and will never beat NFL CBs on post or 9 routes. His three cone drill is what makes him special. He had nearly the best time ever in that test which is what best translates into the ability to get separation and none of you ever even mention it. You could talk me into picking him in the 2nd with that in conjunction with his hands yet no one ever brings it up.

As I was reading your post at first I was all like

SPucE6r.gif

then as I finished reading it I was all like

giphy.gif

Archived