• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FBGP's Inside the War Room - Carolina Panthers

FootballCzar

Thanks Dunn! What would you tweak?

The homer that I am, I would like to see someone like Justin Hardy in the middle rounds to help with great route running and solid hands, which even though KB is a good WR, he still has troubles with the sure catch.

Aside from that, maybe a different Tackle in the opening round, but the overall feel of where your drafting the positions is solid!

Why don't you guys like tj clemmings? I saw on a couple of threads where people were bashing him hard but honestly watching the combine I only saw too tackles who were athletic enough to play blind side which was him and Jake Fisher. Ironically though both are converted tight ends which I think is perfect for left tackles (see Jason Peters Philadelphia eagles). With that being said one year on the bench or on the right side would be great for him. But fwiw I do like him a lot more in the second round as I do Jake Fisher. The other top tackles like peat, Collins, flowers, and Humphries are just better fit at right side because they are more strong than athletic. A perfect example is Jeff otah I think the speed rushers on the left side would've really been a real pain for him but on the right side he was demolishing everyone run blocking.

http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-2015-nfl-draft-special-inside-the-war-room-carolina-panthers/

Good morning Panther fans! Here's my inside the war room special for you guys.

Enjoy!

Em

I know this has nothing to do with the Panthers, but do you see DGB as a risk worth taking for any team at the bottom of the first round?  Do you think his talent outweighs the off the field problems?    

If he kept his nose clean which he seems to have done. I would take him over Winston just because to me his off the field issues were less from what I know. I would make sure he has someone to keep him in line and he would have to have something in his contract to ensure it.

When you're drafted has nothing to do with your talent. Based off my own film study, Johnson graded out pretty high & earned a 2nd Rd mark.

Well I appreciate that man, as long as you know it's coming from a lot of work being put in and not regurgitated & parroted thoughts!

Yessir!

Thanks Dunn! What would you tweak?

Has nothing to do with your talent? Okay, then.

I know this has nothing to do with the Panthers, but do you see DGB as a risk worth taking for any team at the bottom of the first round?  Do you think his talent outweighs the off the field problems?    

Good question...IMO I just don't think he's '1st Rd talent'. He was starting to come around at Mizzou but then missed the entire '14 season...I'd be skeptical

Has nothing to do with your talent? Okay, then.

You think Jake Locker & Blaine Gabbert were Top 10 talents? 

Good question...IMO I just don't think he's '1st Rd talent'. He was starting to come around at Mizzou but then missed the entire '14 season...I'd be skeptical

I think they were drafted because of production they showed in college and that production was a direct result of their talent. To say talent has nothing to do with when a player is drafted is completely absurd.

I never understood the Gabbert hype, but yeah, I thought Locker had the potential to be a poor man's Favre.  Unfortunately for the Titans that didn't work out in large part due to the fact that while Favre was the NFL iron man, Locker was seemingly made of glass.

Archived