• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaelen Strong has fractured wrist, likely needs surgery

jdpanther5

As someone that's broken scaphoid, it's a PITA bone to heal due to lack of circulation through it. Kendall Marshall same bone. Might require surgery IF that's what it is...then PT afterwards, but long term there shouldn't be any issue with the injury. He's got youth on his side too.

if that's what it is they implant metal scews or wires and then no sports, practice or lifting for up to 6 months. Worst long term scenario is wrist stiffness and " Even with therapy, some people do not recover the same motion and strength in their wrists that they had before their injuries."

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00012

A00012F04.jpg

Does this mean he for sure drops to the 2nd?

Probably depends on what the new scan shows. If it appears to be healing up nicely when compared to the one taken at the combine then it will probably have no effect at all on his draft status since with rest it would probably be healed completely by camp. If it's the same or worse then it will probably hurt it some because teams will almost certainly want it to be surgically repaired which would result in him missing some time in ota's and camp.

49ers Hub @ 49ersHub

21m

Wouldn't be the first time old news came out to hurt a players

draft stock.. See @TreMason

Montgomery Advertiser:

Falling to the middle of the third round puts another chip on Mason's shoulder, something he was already carrying with him into the draft after the wrist ordeal.

Concerns arose in recent weeks regarding Mason's wrist, which he injured during the Iron Bowl and played through the pain during his record-setting performance (46 carries for 304 yards and four touchdowns) in the SEC Championship game and the BCS National Championship game.

He disclosed the injury at the NFL Combine in February but conflicting reports of its severity arose in recent weeks. A report by NFL.com claimed it wasn't healing properly and required surgery, which Mason immediately denied , then a separate NFL.com report a week later said Mason would pass a team physical.

"He's fine," Fisher said. "He's not going to have any problems. He may have to do something after the season but it was not a concern of ours, nor was it a concern of the doctors."

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2014/05/09/tre-mason-drafted-third-round-st-louis/8926733/

To be clear, "broken bone in the hand" is not the same as "broken hand".

I actually played with a broken bone in my hand in high school. Never noticed it unless you hit that particular spot on my hand, which didn't happen all that often.

That said, I wasn't a receiver.

Broke my index finger playing OL. Got it stuck in the DLs facemask. Finger went to my thumb if you put your hands facing out like a high five. The ligament tore a piece of bone off my finger.

Taped that poo and was fine.

Broke my index finger playing OL. Got it stuck in the DLs facemask. Finger went to my thumb if you put your hands facing out like a high five. The ligament tore a piece of bone off my finger.

Taped that poo and was fine.

Ouch.

I've had the old 'finger stuck in a facemask' before. Hurt like hell but thankfully didn't break it.

Even if he falls I still wouldn't count on is taking him if us passing on Keenan Allen is any indication

Keenan Allen was passed on by the Chargers in the 2nd round three picks before the Panthers before selecting him in Rd 3 where the Panthers did not have a pick. Meaning that the rest of the NFL passed on him in the first 2 rounds as well.

What exactly is the indication?

Keenan Allen was passed on by the Chargers in the 2nd round three picks before the Panthers before selecting him in Rd 3 where the Panthers did not have a pick. Meaning that the rest of the NFL passed on him in the first 2 rounds as well.

And even still I'd take KK over Allen there any day.

And even still I'd take KK over Allen there any day.

I like KK a lot, but I gotta disagree with you there.  And I'm saying that as a guy who wanted nothing to do with Allen after he ran a 4.71.  I knew he was a good player, but man, when a WR runs a mediocre TE 40, it definitely raises some serious questions.  Didn't matter with Allen.

not that all injuries are the same, but Keenan Allen is another that fell in the draft due to injury

NFL.com

"A knee injury pushed Keenan Allen all the way back into the third round."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342268/article/keenan-allen-kiko-alonso-among-best-picks-of-2013-nfl-draft?modTest=

CBS:

"Through the first three rounds of the NFL Draft, one of the most shocking developments was the drop of former Cal wide receiver Keenan Allen. Allen was projected to go anywhere from the mid-first round to the mid-second round, but no one -- including Allen himself -- thought he would end up in the third round

Allen suffered a PCL injury in October that kept him from participating at the combine, "My knee has definitely healed back to 100 percent," Allen said."

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/22145637/nfl-draft-chargers-pick-keenan-allen-baffled-at-falling-to-third-round

Archived