• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaelen Strong has fractured wrist, likely needs surgery

jdpanther5

@RapSheet

Potential 1st round Arizona St WR Jaelen Strong has a fractured bone in his wrist, sources say. Likely needs surgery at some point. #ASU WR Jaelen Strong is among players headed for combine rechecks this weekend. Teams want a status update on the small bone in his wrist.

So 249 players will now be gone by our pick instead of 250.

Not good, but likely not detrimental.  Likely won't impact his draft status at all if he's going to be ready to go by camp.  If you're "likely to require surgery at some point", might as well go ahead and bite the bullet and do it now.  Especially if he'd be good to go by camp.

Draft analyst Dan Hope @ Dan_Hope

4m

Bad news for Jaelen Strong . I was already thinking he was likely

to fall to Round 2.

Arizona statepress.com Fabian Ardaya @ fardaya15

18m

Tough blow for Jaelen Strong, but don't think it's something

that hurts his draft stock too much. Tape, combine should

speak for itself.

He would definitely miss OTAs and likely all of training camp if he were to get surgery since that is likely a determination that wouldn't be made until after the draft. I do wonder when it occurred. Going to the re-check indicates it was an issue at the combine, but surely he wouldn't have been cleared to participate in catching drills at the combine and at his pro day if it was known he had a broken bone in his wrist. That would lead me to believe it happened recently and he is going to the combine re-check so all the teams can get the same information on the injury done at the same time.

Archived