• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Benjamin admits that he got tired

top dawg

He's a beast but he had some terrible drops.  Wide open drops that just went through his hands.  Don't make excuses.   He was the worst offender in the NFL last year, statistically when it comes to drops.  I can't blame him, he was known to have butterfingers in college as well.   His stats are also full of garbage time so it's not a complete picture.   He could have had easily 1200-1300 yards last season if it wasn't for his drops.   I think he's going to be fine and a great piece for the future, but he's not a #1 right now but he could be with some more work. 

Let me stop you there. Every WR in the NFL except a very small percent have bad drops. Now Im talking Elite WRs like Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas, players that have been in the league for awhile. Now I could list why not to worry about KBs drops but its moot. Just know Johnson and Thomas do the same thing and there not rookies.

Let me stop you there. Every WR in the NFL except a very small percent have bad drops. Now Im talking Elite WRs like Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas, players that have been in the league for awhile. Now I could list why not to worry about KBs drops but its moot. Just know Johnson and Thomas do the same thing and there not rookies.

Not exactly.  He caught less percentage of his passes than almost anyone on the top list, only 50% of his targetted passes are caught.  This shows that not only does he have official drops, but other passes are going by him that a true #1 should catch (granted QB accuracy and stuff comes into play there as well).   In his defense, he wasn't as open as he should be because of our terrible WR core around him.

I'm not saying he isn't going to be great, and maybe a star, but Panther fans have a habit of crowning anyone that looks semi-capable at a position, especially ones where we haven't had good players in in a while or only had 2 previously (WR for instance).    He absolutely needs to work on his hands if he is ever going to be dependable, it is the single BIGGEST issue he has right now as a player.    I don't think we'll regret the pick.

Not exactly.  He caught less percentage of his passes than almost anyone on the top list, only 50% of his targetted passes are caught.  This shows that not only does he have official drops, but other passes are going by him that a true #1 should catch (granted QB accuracy and stuff comes into play there as well).   In his defense, he wasn't as open as he should be because of our terrible WR core around him.

I'm not saying he isn't going to be great, and maybe a star, but Panther fans have a habit of crowning anyone that looks semi-capable at a position, especially ones where we haven't had good players in in a while or only had 2 previously (WR for instance).    He absolutely needs to work on his hands if he is ever going to be dependable, it is the single BIGGEST issue he has right now as a player.    I don't think we'll regret the pick.

He blew up all over the Legion of Boom  around 150 yds and couple of touchdown.........  Get  out of here bro

that small pct has good drops.

He obviously gassed a bit last year, but his comments tell me he understands what it takes! He thinks he can be one of the greats. Based off what hes shown he has a great shot.

Yea he was pretty inconsistent, almost savant-like. He had almost a 100 yard day against Seattle and then disappear against a team with a horrible pass D. He's still got a way to go before we crown him a true number one, and we could use some big help in the draft in that area.

Besides him, our WR core was the drizzling shits last year

Yea he was pretty inconsistent, almost savant-like. He had almost a 100 yard day against Seattle and then disappear against a team with a horrible pass D. He's still got a way to go before we crown him a true number one, and we could use some big help in the draft in that area.

Besides him, our WR core was the drizzling shits last year

Boy did he show some ability tho. That comeback route will be something to watch.

I don't know why anyone would compare him to smith or moose. He's different than both in size and ability.

Best rookie receiver season as a Panther.

of course he his the rookie wall, they all do whether they admit it or not.

He's working hard to get better.

He exceeded my expectations as a rookie, I'm excited to see what he does this season.

People like you also have a bad habit of making mountains out of mole hills. Our team needs work to get our WR catch rate up. LaFell went from one of the worst to one of the best in a year with NE. Maybe its Cam or maybe its our WR core but the Panthers just drop more balls than other teams. So dont worry about KB, Im sure DG will improve our WR core to help drops.

Of course this is a thread...

For starters he was coming off a longer than usual college season due to winning a national championship, add in the combine, private workouts, the draft and rookie mini camp and he barely had a off-season. Of course he's going to get tired, it was non stop for him for almost a year and a half.

The national championship game was a week later than most bowl games....so your assertion is ridiculous.

Archived