• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy suspended 10 games

YoungPanthers89

Sure, context doesn't mean a thing. It's the same difference, right? Anyway...for argument's sake let me admit that I could have worded things differently. Nail me to the cross for using a "poor choice of words"! But you know what I find more telling is how you and others sat back and didn't say a thing when I was attacked personally, being that you are so righteous and all. I have been on this board for years, and people generally know what I stand for, but yet and still didn't say a word. That's more telling to me than anything.

Now as far as some tweet, I don't know why you keep referencing that. Even before I received a tweet, I had the same position.

Moreover, you are taking the whole thing with Jeremy out of context (which seems to be a favorite means of manipulation and misinformation for some of you). I am not going to totally revisit that, but suffice it to say that anyone in their right mind wouldn't have bet that Hardy would be back, and like i said then, that wasnt even the real story. Whether Hardy was coming back was not the point, the point was more about upsetting people unnecessarily. But even that was not specifically what Jeremy and I got into a little tiff over. He thought that I had insulted him which I apologized for, but I also thought that he had insulted me. It wasn't really about Greg Hardy. Get your facts straight.

You take the Internet and this message board too seriously. Have a good one man.

This thread is sad. I can't imagine why anyone would defend someone that beat a women. If Hardy wasn't famous and rich, he would almost certainly be in jail right now versus complaining about a 10 game suspension that still allows him to make $5 million.

Sure, context doesn't mean a thing. It's the same difference, right? Anyway...for argument's sake let me admit that I could have worded things differently. Nail me to the cross for using a "poor choice of words"! But you know what I find more telling is how you and others sat back and didn't say a thing when I was attacked personally, being that you are so righteous and all. I have been on this board for years, and people generally know what I stand for, but yet and still didn't say a word. That's more telling to me than anything.

Now as far as some tweet, I don't know why you keep referencing that. Even before I received a tweet, I had the same position.

Moreover, you are taking the whole thing with Jeremy out of context (which seems to be a favorite means of manipulation and misinformation for some of you). I am not going to totally revisit that, but suffice it to say that anyone in their right mind wouldn't have bet that Hardy would be back, and like i said then, that wasnt even the real story. Whether Hardy was coming back was not the point, the point was more about upsetting people unnecessarily. But even that was not specifically what Jeremy and I got into a little tiff over. He thought that I had insulted him which I apologized for, but I also thought that he had insulted me. It wasn't really about Greg Hardy. Get your facts straight.

If you're referring to the 'not what I heard' comment, I thought I had acknowledged that was out of line. You have my apology if I didn't.

In truth, I don't even know if you actually have a sister. I thought you might have been speaking metaphorically, but again, sorry if you weren't.

Britney Griner of the WNBA has just been arrested for assault, possibly domestic violence with her fiancee Glory Johnson (who was also arrested). I demand the WNBA to suspend both for at least a full season. Equality, right?

OK I apologize for repeatedly missing your point.

But, now that you've explained it to me, I find your supposition with regard to the scheduling to be a little bit too black-helicopterish for the rational mind.

Why in the world would they care about a "Greg Hardy returns against the Panthers" TV extravaganza when most football fans barely know who Greg Hardy even is? And most football fans outside of Panther fandom CERTAINLY couldn't care less about the Carolina Panthers?

But you know what does get people to watch? The Cowboys, of course, because *all* NFL fans either love or hate them intensely.

Know who else provokes a similar love-hate intensity and draws viewers?

No, not Greg Hardy... try again.

Right! You got it.

CAM. NEWTON.

Actual rational reasons ALWAYS trump conspiracy theory. Occam's Razor, dude.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories at all. It just seems to me to have several coincidences that lead up to making the game bigger, thus making the NFL more money. Hardy gets a ten game suspension, plays us on game eleven. We've never in 20 years had a game on thanksgiving, and now we do against the Cowboys the day Hardy comes back. The suspension length is released the day after the schedule is put out.

It all just seems like a way to sensationalize what happened and to make the game more appealing.

And I'd also argue plenty of people know who Greg Hardy is because of the whole domestic violence thing league wide last year. He was basically the poster boy after Ray Rice became an afterthought.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

I agree with most of you that Hardy more than likely assaulted Holder in some manner. I understand that there are pics but those pics are not proof that Hardy attacked Holder, they are proof that Holder had injuries. Hardy's link to those injuries is speculation. I think the NFL punishing on speculation is what doesn't quite sit right.

The NFL is trying to make a stand which is commendable - even though its just to appease the media- but they are going to start looking silly when they are losing appeals and suits. And, if they start losing suits ($), I think we'll see their practices/stance change again.

So was the judge in Hardy's first trial speculating, too?  I agree they're trying to make a stand, and should.  If they're trying to appease anyone, it's the sponsors and fans who are the base of their business.  IMO, not a bad thing to appease those 2 groups.....

Britney Griner of the WNBA has just been arrested for assault, possibly domestic violence with her fiancee Glory Johnson (who was also arrested). I demand the WNBA to suspend both for at least a full season. Equality, right?

Was one of them coked up while the other tossed her on the futon of rifles?

This is an occasion where nobody giving a crap about the WNBA may actually work in favor of one of its players. 

Greg called the police on nicole and restrained her because she was high on coke.. if he was beating her and wanted to cover it all up then those aren't the kind of actions you take..

According to ESPN, the court docs reflect that Hardy called after Nicole and her friend called 911 and the judge thought Hardy's call was an attempted cover up.

According to ESPN, the court docs reflect that Hardy called after Nicole and her friend called 911 and the judge thought Hardy's call was an attempted cover up.

Phone records would easily verify that.

The NFL has stated that Hardy's version of events 'fluctuated' in their discussions with him and didn't line up with objective evidence. This could be an example of that.

And to be perfectly honest, if he did try to lie to the NFL on this, then he really is an idiot.

Phone records would easily verify that.

The NFL has stated that Hardy's version of events 'fluctuated' in their discussions with him and didn't line up with objective evidence. This could be an example of that.

And to be perfectly honest, if he did try to lie to the NFL on this, then he really is an idiot.

This is exactly why I think the suspension is more about how Hardy handled himself AFTER the assault than the actual assault itself.  Guy is a hell of an athlete/football player, but he's shown that his judgment is more than questionable.

Archived