• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nicks to Titans.

Jmac

Just watch, we'll take a WR at #25 and Proudiddy will bitch and moan that, "Gettleman doesn't give a damn about WR!  Look, he drafted ANOTHER #2 WR!  We still need a #1!!!"

Yup, some people are just not satisfied no matter what. When we win its not that great, when we lose they put everyone on blast.

Not calling you that, but I do think you're overreacting in this thread.

Scot, we've had the same discussion/argument everytime WR has come up. I don't overreact to much, and yet, everytime we run into the WR issue, I become the huddle caricature of overreaction over every issue, simply because I don't agree with the status quo, specifically about WR.

Apparently we can't discuss points of disagreement without calling people pathetic, accusing them of bitching and moaning, and then grouping them in with tons of casual fan-idiots because they're saying something you don't agree with.

Didn't he die in the beginning of Alien 3 or maybe they alluded to it in Alien 3? He definitely made it through Aliens but I think techinically he did die in Alien3. Maybe in the beginning when they showed the other cryo chambers with alien holes in them. Like Hicks had an alien growing in him when they went into cryosleep or something like that.

That is correct, still love Bill Paxton in that movie, by far his greatest performance.

Game over man, game over. They can bill me.

We need a #2 WR not a #4 which is what Nicks is at this point in his career.

Actually just took a quick look at the Titans depth chart...

It's highly unlikely he starts.  Kendall Wright is established as one starter and they want Justin Hunter to be the other, though there is some sense that he's underachieved for where he was drafted.

Number three?  Not necessarily. 

The Titans signed former Falcon Harry Douglas to a three year contract.  Douglas could be expected to push Hunter for the other starting spot, meaning the loser would likely be the number three.

So barring a surprise, Nicks may well be looking at another year as the fourth receiver (and technically fifth receiving option behind TE Delanie Walker).

How the mighty have fallen...

Actually just took a quick look at the Titans depth chart...

It's highly unlikely he starts.  Kendall Wright is established as one starter and they want Justin Hunter to be the other, though there is some sense that he's underachieved for where he was drafted.

Number three?  Not necessarily. 

The Titans signed former Falcon Harry Douglas to a three year contract.  Douglas could be expected to push Hunter for the other starting spot, meaning the loser would likely be the number three.

So barring a surprise, Nicks may well be looking at another year as the fourth receiver (and technically fifth receiving option behind TE Delanie Walker).

How the mighty have fallen...

Exactly

Scot, we've had the same discussion/argument everytime WR has come up. I don't overreact to much, and yet, everytime we run into the WR issue, I become the huddle caricature of overreaction over every issue, simply because I don't agree with the status quo, specifically about WR.

Apparently we can't discuss points of disagreement without calling people pathetic, accusing them of bitching and moaning, and then grouping them in with tons of casual fan-idiots because they're saying something you don't agree with.

Honestly, I think a lot of it is just that you overestimate how good Hakeem Nicks is now.  And I'd say you're severely underestimating Kelvin Benjamin.

I don't really care about #1 vs. #2. Just give me two legit starters and call whichever one you want the #1. KB is one legit starter. We need another one.

I agree about KB, but where I apparently disagree with many of you is that we need to upgrade the position as a whole. We need to raise our floor. Let me say it again: We need to raise our floor...And if we raise our ceiling at the same time, I certainly won't cry about it. Moreover, by raising our floor, that inherently means that we are adding better quality depth. Perhaps we will have a better wide receiving corps If we do this, one with noticeably better upside and looks more akin to an NFL corps than a glorified CFL corps.

Now granted, maybe someone rises from the PS. I hope so. But, even still, if we don't draft a couple of potential play makers in this year's draft at wide receiver---at least one early, and one in the mid rounds---I will be disappointed.

It's the same old thing with us, and has been for arguably the lion's share of the last decade, we are essentially one play maker at receiver away from disaster. You may think that "disaster" is hyperbole, so I will replace it with "mediocrity". If Cotchery or Brown or Boykin are our failsafes in the event that KB and/or a presumed WR1/2 gets hurt for any appreciable amount of time, then we won't get into the dance. We may be on the outside looking in over the shoulder of the Star-esque bouncer, but we we will not get in.

We need to raise our floor.

Both have been vastly overrated by most on this board so far. Kelvin is gigantic and slow, with a serious case of dropsies. Philly is small, not as fast as people think, and injury prone. It is very likely that Philly is a career #3 and KB has yet to prove he's even a reliable #2. Yet, everyone here have deemed them the #1 and #2... That's not acceptable. Both could be great and in more appropriate roles if they had more talent around them, specifically a legit #1 or #2 who has proven themselves already (e.g.,Jennings, Moore, Nicks, Britt, even Crabtree).

But what am I talking about? WR was taken care of as soon as we signed all-world Jarrett Boykin and his blazing speed.

Go look at Jerry Reese's comments over the years about finding good wrs anywhere. Davey boy follows that same path.

Archived