• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did you know? Cam Newton the pescatarian.

cardiackat88.

I respect what you're saying, and I know that it's true, but I am listening to the USDA:

There are trade groups and lobbyists for pork (no pun intended) who want people to associate pork with the much healthier white meat, but this is a con job.

When you look at uncooked beef, it's red. Even pork chops are light red after their cooked. Bacon is red. Pepperoni is red. Sausage is red.

Sorry, wud, all the evidence points to pork being red.

I do agree with you on the trade groups and lobbyist pushing the pork as "the other white meat" a few years back. It was a sales pitch. But with that said I personally believe pork is, for lack of a better term, between red meat and white meat. But as an example, look up the nutrition numbers on a tender loin and chicken. Again it depends a lot on the cut of meat and the cooking process. Plus like someone else pointed out. You never know what's right or wrong or who to believe. One week eggs are bad for you next week they are not. Please don't take what I say as anything but what I've found in my studies as my life actually depends on eating right.

I do agree with you on the trade groups and lobbyist pushing the pork as "the other white meat" a few years back. It was a sales pitch. But with that said I personally believe pork is, for lack of a better term, between red meat and white meat. But as an example, look up the nutrition numbers on a tender loin and chicken. Again it depends a lot on the cut of meat and the cooking process. Plus like someone else pointed out. You never know what's right or wrong or who to believe. One week eggs are bad for you next week they are not. Please don't take what I say as anything but what I've found in my studies as my life actually depends on eating right.

I respect that.

With any meat, my advice is to try and stick to the lean cuts, and stay away from the fried versions and eat the grilled versions every now and then (because you don't want to overload your system with carcinogens).

I was thinking about trying a diet. I really need to shed some pounds. I heard about this diet but unsure if I am ready for the task. Seafood seems to be a little more pricey and I love me some chicken. I am going to do some research on what is better for me to go with.

You would be suprised at what cutting out any drink other than water can do for you. I really leaned out doing so, but then i started drinking again....

Oh god, perfect opportunity for Lumps to tell us how bad our diets are.

Top Dawg is actually doing a nice job...and in a much more sugar coated way than I would have and I know how much everyone here loves sugar.

I will add that it all comes down to ingredients/nutrition info. We live in a world today where we know exactly what we are eating 99% of the time simply by reading the label or quickly googling something. You know exactly what you're eating, that is a new age privilege that did not exist 50 years ago, or even 30. Knowledge is power, take advantage of it.

Living on poo food isn't living. You can look great eating high calorie poo food if you work out and all but what's going on in your arteries and organs? Rotting from the inside out.

Like TD is saying, it's no coincidence obesity thrives and people are morphing into a new era of physical disabilities. Stop eating processed crap, fried crap, any fast food, synthetic sugars, and preservatives. That doesn't mean you have to go vegan, it's easy. Stay on the outside of the grocery store, go easy on carbs and dairy, load up on good fats and protein. Simple as that. And for God fuging sakes just drink WATER if anything just do that, nothing else...WATER is all you need and is one of the healthiest things you can do.

Top Dawg is actually doing a nice job...and in a much more sugar coated way than I would have and I know how much everyone here loves sugar.

I will add that it all comes down to ingredients/nutrition info. We live in a world today where we know exactly what we are eating 99% of the time simply by reading the label or quickly googling something. You know exactly what you're eating, that is a new age privilege that did not exist 50 years ago, or even 30. Knowledge is power, take advantage of it.

Living on poo food isn't living. You can look great eating high calorie poo food if you work out and all but what's going on in your arteries and organs? Rotting from the inside out.

Like TD is saying, it's no coincidence obesity thrives and people are morphing into a new era of physical disabilities. Stop eating processed crap, fried crap, any fast food, synthetic sugars, and preservatives. That doesn't mean you have to go vegan, it's easy. Stay on the outside of the grocery store, go easy on carbs and dairy, load up on good fats and protein. Simple as that. And for God fuging sakes just drink WATER if anything just do that, nothing else...WATER is all you need and is one of the healthiest things you can do.

Just giving you a hard time.

People should eat fairly healthy, but there's no particular "right way" to eat. As long as a person is hitting their needed macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients, they should be fine to indulge ever so often.

I was doing well with the water thing until my shirt changed. When I am looking at those tens of cans of soda in the work fridge tomorrow night, I am going to reach for the Aquafina because of your post.

I largely agree with water because it's ostensibly more pure, but I would add that 100 percent juice (and I mean pure juice) is fine to drink also.

I am not a vegan, pescatarian , vegetarian or "meatatarian", I am a "good healthatarian". And at that I am not even an expert because I am an "enjoyyourlifeatarian" also. Whatever makes you happy. Truly happy. Just remember that everything that you put in your body can manifest itself in some pretty harmful ways. It is not a coincidence that all manner and types of diseases are essentially the norm now. It's no coincidence that when I was coming up, twelve year old girls did not have the body of a full grown woman, or that a 200 lb man used to be a big guy. And it's no coincidence that most of America is overweight, if not morbidly obese.

The old saying is true, " you are what you eat ".

Without going off down 50 different roads, Ill try to keep this short. Genes, I can t stress that enough. Not long ago humans even in american where dying form starvation. Plus if you where 30, that's one foot in the grave. Genes put that food on your ribs, cause in the past you needed a extra fuel or you died. The smart people are close to fixing this, re-programing your genes to send those extra cals out your digestive system rather than store it. We live in a wonderful time, food is plentyfull for some. While billions of others still are dealing with lack of food. But that's cause the world has too many people currently. 7 billion is too many.

Where I live there's about 13 mickyDs within 10 miles of one another. On every corner there's some food joint. People don't believe this but its true: food is drug. Mcdonalds tried to sell "healthy" food, but no one gos there for vegs or salad. So its time on the menu is short, plus the price is too high. Others have spoke on this, healthier food is far more expensive. One of many things id do if king of all the land, make healthier foods cheaper than junk food. You can quit smoking, popping pills, etc... you can t quit eating.

America, we've gotten soft in more ways than one. We're over dosing on video games, tablets, smart phones, and drugs ie food, pain pills, pot, coke, booze etc. All those bad hadits lead to weight issues. Plus "depression" with the tough current times. I see why people want to escape reality, the cost of living is insane right now compared to just a few years ago. Even in this greatest era of human life, there's plenty of problems that need fixin.

Archived