• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did you know? Cam Newton the pescatarian.

cardiackat88.

Sorry but this is full of lie that's use to promote ones cause. I can post a lot showing why you need to eat meat but I'll leave it like this. Eat what you think is right for you.

Yea its a lie promoted my thousands of scientist and nutritionist.  However if your DNA contains Neanderthal DNA then yes you can eat meat with little to no problems.  However majority of the Earth does not have nor share Neanderthal DNA.  It is called Evolution. 

Yea its a lie promoted my thousands of scientist and nutritionist. However if your DNA contains Neanderthal DNA then yes you can eat meat with little to no problems. However majority of the Earth does not have nor share Neanderthal DNA. It is called Evolution.

Thought I read something the other day stating humans have roughly 1% of neanderthal dna..

Anyhow, if everyone ate around 80% paleo daily, they would be 1000% better off.

Yea its a lie promoted my thousands of scientist and nutritionist. However if your DNA contains Neanderthal DNA then yes you can eat meat with little to no problems. However majority of the Earth does not have nor share Neanderthal DNA. It is called Evolution.

And more than a thousand say that's wrong. Your choice of what you believe.

I was doing well with the water thing until my shirt changed. When I am looking at those tens of cans of soda in the work fridge tomorrow night, I am going to reach for the Aquafina because of your post.

I largely agree with water because it's ostensibly more pure, but I would add that 100 percent juice (and I mean pure juice) is fine to drink also.

I actually went 7 years without drinking anything but water about 20 years ago. Best I've ever felt. I still drink just water about 95% of the time. 100% juice 4% of the time and maybe a soft drink once every couple of weeks.

If you get use to water it taste great but most people are so use to strong tasting drink like soda that it taste boring and bland to them.

Nothing against alcohol but I have had chronic pancreatitis for 3 years so its completely out of the question for me.

Thought I read something the other day stating humans have roughly 1% of neanderthal dna..

Anyhow, if everyone ate around 80% paleo daily, they would be 1000% better off.

I would love to be on a pure paleo diet but cost hampers it. :-( I do try to follow its basic outline though.

• 5 months later...

I heard an evolutionary biologist say that copying a neanderthal diet would work great if your only goal was to reproduce as many times as you can before you die at 25. Evolution only cares about reproduction. It doesn't solve for long healthy lives.

Do people still do that silly diet?

Yea its a lie promoted my thousands of scientist and nutritionist.  However if your DNA contains Neanderthal DNA then yes you can eat meat with little to no problems.  However majority of the Earth does not have nor share Neanderthal DNA.  It is called Evolution. 

Scientists Recover First Genome of Ancient Human From Africa

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/science/scientists-sequence-first-ancient-human-genome-from-africa.html?_r=0

If you do research you will find out that the human race has evolved to be plant eaters and have lost the enzyme that digest meat. 

Meat-eaters: have claws

Herbivores: no claws

Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue

Herbivores: perspire through skin pores

Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding

Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly

Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat

Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.

Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits

Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)

A couple issues with this. 

1. I would reference the site you pulled this from, which is http://www.celestialhealing.net/physicalveg3.htm
  2. This source is not exactly "unbiased." They certainly have an agenda to promote a plant life diet.

Aside from that, all the above comparisons pose an argument, but do not necessarily prove anything.

My great grandmother prepared and ate meat everyday for 94 years on this earth. So if we were not designed to digest meat, how would you (or your source) explain this?

I myself have cut back on a lot of meat because I feel better eating more fruits and vegetables, but my improved perception of my health can be attributed just as much to the increase in vitamins and minerals as it can to a reduction of meat.

It would be nice to get follow-up if Cam is still pescatarian

Those around Newton says nothing has changed about him since becoming the $100 million man, and no one expects anything to change.

His family will still stay at the Hyatt House when they come to visit. His pescatarian diet will continue, and his refrigerator will still be stocked with hummus, fruit and seafood. And he’ll still have a passion for kids.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/carolinapanthers/cam-newton-the-star-of-the-queen-city/article_f137f985-f3a8-5c4d-91c4-29a118c2c8f4.html

Archived