• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select Shaq Thompson

Jeremy Igo

Like I've said...

Shaq will be weak side LB in 4-3 and the SS in nickel!

Love it!

and Green Bay is licking their chops at this. with players like Cobb, Beckham, Jackson, etc playing in the slot, i just do not see Thompson being able to stay in coverage vs them. 

I think we'll see a lot of 4-2-5 with Thompson at SS sneaking up to play OLB sometimes

Yep. Good luck opposing offensive coordinators scheming against that.

It is exactly what Seattle has with Chancellor. His pick six against cam probably sealed shaq being our pick.

In DG I trust. Until he misses terribly on a 1st round pick, I will continue to trust his decisions. At the end of the day, he gets paid to do this, the rest of us just don't have anything better to do.

This was a super safe pick with tremendous upside. 

Welcome to Charlotte Shaq! 

Is that the same prick who gave us a C minus last year for picking 5 eventual starters out of 6 picks ?

Prisco is probably the worst national NFL beat writer in the business. He's also a writer, with no professional football scouting experience and probably retired as an athlete when he turned 15. His job isn't to provide scouting reports to NFL teams or advise management on who to draft. His job is to get you to read his article and click on his company's website. 

Prisco is a moron and I rarely read his stuff. Even the so called "best" in the business like Peter King can still come across as a whiny ass from time to time. These guys are writers, not NFL management and their opinions should be taken as such, because most of the time they're wrong. 

If people like Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, and WFNZ fanboy Kevin Weidel were such great scouts and talent evaluaters - you better believe their asses would be working for an NFL team. 

Lol! I'm in a bar in Milwaukee & have a bunch of Packer fans congratulating me on my team making a great pick. Meanwhile, on the Huddle...

I was reading the comments on the pre draft Shaq article. Alot of fans from alot of teams wanted Shaq in the first round! I trust Gettleman! And welcome Shaq!

A position which he's never played? A 1st rounder?

Forgive me if I'm not blossoming with joy.

I understand the frustration. But remember that most fans of every team in the NFL want them to draft WR. They are the exotic pick that people think will just turn the whole thing around.

We could of drafted a kicker in the first and the yes-men in here would have said it was a great pick

We are like the jets of the NFC. We have a ton of picks I don't understand why can't we use the first couple of picks on offense and the late picks on defense.

And too top it off the Colt get Dorsett. I never want to hear Cam get compared to any of these other QBs until this team commits to him

I've made fun of the jets for years for drafting defensive players to their awesome defense while their offense cost them seasons but you just made me realize that we are them

Gettleman will never commit to building around Cam. It's seriously like he's trying to sabotage his career.

We could of drafted a kicker in the first and the yes-men in here would have said it was a great pick

We are like the jets of the NFC. We have a ton of picks I don't understand why can't we use the first couple of picks on offense and the late picks on defense.

And too top it off the Colt get Dorsett. I never want to hear Cam get compared to any of these other QBs until this team commits to him

I understand the frustration. But remember that most fans of every team in the NFL want them to draft WR. They are the exotic pick that people think will just turn the whole thing around.

It's not "WR" I was set on, it was "helpful player" I was more keen to.

we need a LT and I wasnt high on any of them, so I'm not upset that we didnt get one, but we had some decent options on the board at WR that we left there. I think Strong could end up being special, and we go defense..... 

I'm not saying Shaq Thompson wont be a good player, I think he will be.  I just think there were bigger needs that we had then anything defense.

100% totally agree.

The Weakside LB gets virtually no snaps in our defense. Trying to act as if we have some fierce collection of LBs when the 3 will seldom see snaps on the field together is ridiculous.

Additionally, it's being reported he won't be at OTAs.

What makes you think we will limit him to linebacker?

If this was our only pick, I wouldn't like it.

But this is part of the problem with splitting up the draft: very difficult as fans to see the big picture.

2nd round tackle? Jake Fisher

2nd-3rd receivers? Strong, DGB, Smith, Lockett, etc.

Look at our defensive personnel around him. Look at our defensive coaches. I cannot wait to see how they use this guy. Yes, he's a project, but unlike the Hornets drafting projects, I trust this staff to get the most out of him.

Archived